Author Topic: Denver or Dallas?  (Read 2509 times)

ss14spqr

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Denver or Dallas?
« on: May 11, 2017, 11:55:43 AM »
Dear Sirs,

my name is Sasha. This Fall I am coming to US. I was a lawyer in my country, but in US I will start from the scratch. I want to establish my own business (small business). Where should I move? Denver CO or Dallas TX? What is the best place for small and medium entrepreneurs? Where it easier to get funding for your business? Which city will have better future?

I will be very grateful for your answers.

best regards,
Sasha.

Bicycle_B

• Handlebar Stache
  • Mustachian-ish in Live Music Capital of the World
Re: Denver or Dallas?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 12:44:36 PM »
Hard to give an exact answer to such broad questions. 

I'd pick Dallas because rent is cheaper than in Denver.  Both are cities with many opportunities, and appear to have good futures.  Funds vary according to your skill and connections.  Good luck to you.

Heroes821

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 02:40:30 PM »
Personally having lived in South Texas and Denver. I'd vote Denver. Regardless of cost of living the weather was better and the entire state makes Mustacianism living significantly easier.  Texas, in general, has so much space that all the cities sprawl.  If you want to drive less and walk or bike more Denver is easier to get around.  Plus if you are starting a business Denver is BOOMING, well so is Dallas for that matter.

ss14spqr

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 04:03:42 PM »
Hard to give an exact answer to such broad questions. 

I'd pick Dallas because rent is cheaper than in Denver.  Both are cities with many opportunities, and appear to have good futures.  Funds vary according to your skill and connections.  Good luck to you.

Thank you for your reply, Sir.
What is you opinion about Austin? Is it worth its hype?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 04:10:45 PM by ss14spqr »

ss14spqr

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 04:09:42 PM »
Personally having lived in South Texas and Denver. I'd vote Denver. Regardless of cost of living the weather was better and the entire state makes Mustacianism living significantly easier.  Texas, in general, has so much space that all the cities sprawl.  If you want to drive less and walk or bike more Denver is easier to get around.  Plus if you are starting a business Denver is BOOMING, well so is Dallas for that matter.

Thank you for your reply. But every boom has its finish. In my own point of view San Francisco will be a new Detroit sooner or later.
I don't want to make a mistake about my future destination. Do you think Denver will have a promising future? Which city has better future? Denver or Austin?

Thank you in advance
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 04:11:38 PM by ss14spqr »

chasesfish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 04:18:41 PM »
Do you want to make money or live in a pretty place?

Dallas might be the best place in the country to build a career and make a lot of money.  Its the fourth place I've lived and I've never seen so many people that work so hard.  Its built on a hot prairie with no real outdoor recreation, the only reason people move here is for a career.  Its also fairly international as the 4th largest metro area in the country.

Denver is smaller and 100% better for recreation/lifestyle.