Author Topic: Delta SkyMiles CC question  (Read 2559 times)

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
Delta SkyMiles CC question
« on: January 07, 2016, 06:16:36 AM »
I recieved a 50,000 point + $50 offer from AMEX Delta SkyMiles yesterday (for only $1,000 in spending in 3 months). 
In the terms and conditions it says "additional card members on your account are not eligible for this offer"

Does that mean if I have previously been an authorized user on someone else's card I can't get this bonus?  If it matters, we have no had that card in over a year.

Or does it just mean that the bonus only goes to the primary card holder, not the additional?

kendallf

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Delta SkyMiles CC question
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 06:21:27 AM »
I believe that it's referring to the primary card holder only.  You can partner with your spouse to double up on almost all of these offers, even if you're an authorized user on their account.

NextTime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 08:53:12 AM »
I believe that it's referring to the primary card holder only.  You can partner with your spouse to double up on almost all of these offers, even if you're an authorized user on their account.

I would disagree.  It says "additional card members on your account are not eligible for this offer." A credit card would be one account, so an authorized user would be an additional card member. I'd assume they added that caveat since $1,000 is an easy number to hit in 3 months.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 09:16:38 AM »
Yeah, I'm still not sure which of the two interpretations are correct.

I got the card, and I won't go out of my way to spend $1,000- so I guess I can just wait and see if I get the bonus or not.

kendallf

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 11:22:05 AM »

I would disagree.  It says "additional card members on your account are not eligible for this offer." A credit card would be one account, so an authorized user would be an additional card member. I'd assume they added that caveat since $1,000 is an easy number to hit in 3 months.

I should've clarified.  You won't get double miles for adding an authorized user.  However, if you both get the card separately (with separate accounts, card #s, and relying on your own credit separately) you can add each other as authorized users without affecting the mileage bonus for either of you.  That is a common strategy talked about on many of the mileage sites and I have done this with my wife.  Is that clearer?