Use it sometimes. I guess it's ok
182 (40.3%)
Never use it. Waste of money. I regret the purchase
25 (5.5%)
I don't have one.
62 (13.7%)

Total Members Voted: 441

Voting closed: January 20, 2015, 11:41:44 PM

Author Topic: Crock Pot Regret  (Read 52274 times)

LadyStache

• Stubble
Re: Crock Pot Regret
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2015, 11:58:11 AM »
Just wanted to share these tricks in case anyone else finds them helpful.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/16/slow-cooker-tricks_n_6486780.html

NVDee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2015, 01:44:50 PM »
I am another in the "love it" camp.  I do a lot of large group lunchs (mtb Trail maintenance days) which the slow cooker comes in handy for, so much I've had to recruit friends slow cookers for even larger events! 

Our house favorite is Butter Chicken in the slow cooker.  Befor I had a slow cooker I hated using chicken thighs for butter chicken as I found the rubber-y tendons unappetizing,  however in the slow cooker these parts of the meat are melted away leaving very flavourful and tender meat in my butter chicken sauce.  The big win is the $$ saved by not having to buy expensive chicken breast meat.

I do meatless stuffing in my slow cooker which is always a big hit too. 

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2015, 06:52:22 PM »
I am another in the "love it" camp.  I do a lot of large group lunchs (mtb Trail maintenance days) which the slow cooker comes in handy for, so much I've had to recruit friends slow cookers for even larger events! 

Our house favorite is Butter Chicken in the slow cooker.  Befor I had a slow cooker I hated using chicken thighs for butter chicken as I found the rubber-y tendons unappetizing,  however in the slow cooker these parts of the meat are melted away leaving very flavourful and tender meat in my butter chicken sauce.  The big win is the $$ saved by not having to buy expensive chicken breast meat.

I do meatless stuffing in my slow cooker which is always a big hit too.

The slow cooker is growing on me. I just made some broth overnight with some bones leftover from a grilled chicken. That will get mixed up with some wilting veggies in my fridge for some soup the rest of the week.

I like the idea of travelling with it. However, it would have to be for road trips as I can't imagine lugging the slow cooker around in my luggage and taking up so much space in the much coveted and limited space required for airplane travel.

dungoofed

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2015, 08:45:42 PM »
NVDee - would love an idea of what goes into your Butter Chicken (doesn't have to be exact - yet another benefit of crockpot cooking!)

Daisy - hah I can think of nothing worse than traveling with a crock pot! But I'm a convert to bagless travel. For me, travel would be an excuse to not eat crockpot food for a bit, build up my appetite for some when I finally arrive home again.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2015, 04:52:31 PM »
NVDee - would love an idea of what goes into your Butter Chicken (doesn't have to be exact - yet another benefit of crockpot cooking!)

Daisy - hah I can think of nothing worse than traveling with a crock pot! But I'm a convert to bagless travel. For me, travel would be an excuse to not eat crockpot food for a bit, build up my appetite for some when I finally arrive home again.

Bagless Travel?   I thought I had it, when I went for 2 nights business travel with an oversized purse / laptop bag and a change stuffed in the bottom.   What do you mean by bagless ?!?  like the guy that travels with an awesome pocket vest for his miscellaneous toiletries.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!