Author Topic: Crea clip?  (Read 2283 times)

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
Crea clip?
« on: February 07, 2018, 07:01:03 PM »
Does anyone with thick curly hair use a crea clip to cut their hair?

I cut my hair every 1-2 years. I've never had a trim as an adult, I go from long to very short. But right now I'd really like to cut a few inches, but keep it ponytail length.

I'm trying to figure out if I can do this myself. My hair is unruly, curly, nearly spirals.  The only crea clip video on YouTube with hair similar to mine is 1)way longer than mine and 2)really ugly result.

Any advice?
I'm thinking I should go for it, as at worst I go to the salon to fix it, but I also don't want to waste money if it won't work for me.

ElleFiji

• Magnum Stache
Re: Crea clip?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 07:12:37 PM »
I would do a ponytail cut, just look for curly options on YouTube. You will probably want to dry cut curls, or fully straighten to cut. Crea clip tutorials never look great to me

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 07:25:00 PM »
Dry cutting is really scary...I don't know how I'd get the back.

I don't own a straightener, so that's out.

Maybe I'll try the ponytail cut and see how it goes. I guess if I really ruin it, I'll just go get it fixed. It's only hair.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
  • On a forum break :)
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 07:27:30 PM »
I have long, thick, wavy-to-curly. I cut my own and get compliments for a good while after the cut :)
If I'm cutting just a blob off the back, I use the pony tail method. Works great!
(If I'm cutting more stuff, I just freehand everywhere.)

CestMoi

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 01:35:06 PM »
I've used both the Creaclip and the forward ponytail method to cut my hair, which is very thick, long, and curly. Both work pretty well when I dampen and comb my hair out first (not dripping wet, but not dry). The only thing I've noticed is that they add a lot of long layers to the hair, so if you're looking for something less layered on the bottom, you can bring the hair forward over your shoulders after you cut it and trim the ends.