Author Topic: Could you live in a room this size...  (Read 38203 times)

ponyespresso

• Stubble
Re: Could you live in a room this size...
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2015, 11:13:42 AM »
removing my post, because I only read first page and now I realized it is all complete and I'm excited to go look at the pics. :-)

and it looks awesome! nice job!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 11:17:54 AM by ponyespresso »

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2015, 12:09:54 PM »
Looks amazing! I like that you are considering renting out this side too - what an awesome little space!

ShoulderThingThatGoesUp

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2015, 12:41:10 PM »
I didn't expect it to look so good. Impressive!

I guess that joke that starts "in heaven, the cops are British, the cooks Italian..." and ends with things reversed in Hell should point out that in Hell the HOAs are South African.

Falconer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2015, 10:34:27 PM »
What are you doing woth all your personal stuff like pictures and memorabilia?

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2015, 12:04:48 AM »
This is pretty damn awesome. Well done.

JLR

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2015, 11:25:32 PM »
Wow! This is amazing!

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2015, 01:18:52 AM »
Hi patrickza,
I love what you've done so far. I've just returned from my own tiny place and am reminded once again how cool it is to have a perfect jewel box of one's own. I don't rent mine out, but do lend it to friends on occasion. One of those times is coming up so I needed to "deep clean" at the end of my stay. Took about twenty minutes to nuke everything, including changing the linens. Fun.

I love the blue tile and that everything looks so neat and clean. If I may, a few very gentle suggestions, as I am totally in awe of what you've done. Some thoughts are repeats, some are new. Feel free to ignore or implement, as best suits you.
1. Is there underbed storage? If not, it might be worth considering at some point. If I had some extra dollars, I'd build a hinged platform under the mattress with hydraulic shocks to make lifting it a breeze. Having a place for linens and off-season items that's easy to get to but out of sight would really be a plus. If you build it, you could even figure out some kind of locking mechanism, so you could store personal things a little more securely.
2. A long, high shelf on at least one wall might also be useful.
3. The gaps on the far left and right sides of the kitchen are screaming to be put to good use. At one time, folding chairs and small table were in the mix. The right ones might tuck nicely into those spaces and increase the unit's versatility.
4. A hook or two to get the dish drying rack off the counter when it's not in use might also be handy.

Thanks for the update and please post more photos as the details are finalized. So cool to see this go from idea to reality!

~ Diane

SomedayStache

• Pencil Stache
  • Live Long and Prosper
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2015, 10:17:06 AM »
Posting to follow because I really want to see more pictures!

Nudelkopf

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2015, 07:21:37 PM »
That's awesome! I can't believe how well the unit turned out - it was hard to imagine it from your initial sketchings (even with fancy pictures on the wall!), but it turned out beautifully!

I'm not sure how I'd feel pooping so close to my partner with only some see-through-glass. Will the glass extend to the ceiling? I hope you don't do smelly poops.

steviesterno

• Bristles
« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2015, 06:46:49 AM »
awesome! I really want to do this style build for a few tiny cabins on a chunk of land near the lake. Maybe make a few, with one bigger communal indoor/outdoor kitchen and living room. that way we could have friends and family come stay but not be all up in our stuff, and rent a few of them out on occasion. Looks like a fun Build as you Go project, too!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!