Author Topic: Sweet price point for ebooks?  (Read 1265 times)

purple monkey

  • Bristles
  • ***
  • Posts: 323
Sweet price point for ebooks?
« on: November 06, 2016, 10:04:12 AM »
I am considering a short ebook and wanted to learn about your experience.
Is 0.99 too little and really does not attract anyone, or is 3.99 too much.
All suggestions are welcome.


  • Magnum Stache
  • ******
  • Posts: 2881
Re: Sweet price point for ebooks?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 11:20:04 AM »
It depends on how short it is and how valuable/specialized the information.

 Also if you will be selling it on your site or on Amazon. Then you have to look at the price points that the offer commissions between x and x (sorry, I don't remember off the top of my head) offer 30% commission and the other their is 70% so you want to price it within the 70% range.

Also, you need to figure out "why" you are selling your ebook? If it is short it may be more valuable to offer it for free as a lead generator/list builder if you have other bigger projects/services etc.  You would use a different approach if you just want to put something up on amazon as a stand alone, again a different approach if you want o have it as part of a series. You don't provide enough info for anyone to give you really helpful/specific advice.


  • Bristles
  • ***
  • Posts: 407
Re: Sweet price point for ebooks?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 06:03:23 PM »
There is also a huge difference between fiction and non-fiction. Generally speaking, people will pay more for self-published non-fiction (assuming they need the information) than fiction. How much more? Depends on how badly they need the info and if they can get it from other sources.