Author Topic: costco working experiences  (Read 2239 times)

rob in cal

• Bristles
costco working experiences
« on: February 07, 2015, 07:37:58 PM »
I'm wondering if anyone has worked at costco.  I know that they give raises fairly often, to encourage employee retention, and are often pointed to as a good retailer employer.
It does look like you really have to work hard there as its always busy, and that many shifts have an early start.  I'm interested in this because it might be a good fit for my son who
likes to earn money, but doesn't show any desire or interest in going to college at this point (he's 14 and a freshman in HS).

Davin

• Stubble
Re: costco working experiences
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 07:56:22 PM »
My ex has worked there for 13 years. The pay is good, the benefits excellent, the work is not very difficult. There is some variability in hours from warehouse to warehouse, depending on the management. Most work occurs between two hours prior to opening and one hour past closing, with multiple shifts, so I don't know how that would require an early start. Overall it seems to be a good company to work for if you have no advanced education and are not terribly ambitious.

Capsu78

• Pencil Stache
Re: costco working experiences
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 08:01:57 PM »
My observation is they appear to have low employee turnover- a good sign in my book.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!