Author Topic: Corporate Tax - Denver  (Read 1983 times)

COlady

• Bristles
Corporate Tax - Denver
« on: September 12, 2014, 03:05:54 PM »
Just thought I'd put my feelers out here in the MMM community on the off chance that someone fits this bill or knows someone that does.

The company I work for is located in Denver and we are looking for a corporate tax accountant with 2-4 years of experience.  Some public accounting experience would be helpful. Master's in Tax and/or CPA are a big bonus.  Personality is as important as technical skill as we're looking for someone who will be a great addition to our group for the long term.  I'd be happy to discuss the opportunity in greater detail if someone here is interested. We will only be looking at local candidates.

Thanks. 

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
Re: Corporate Tax - Denver
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 05:52:55 AM »
Just thought I'd put my feelers out here in the MMM community on the off chance that someone fits this bill or knows someone that does.

The company I work for is located in Denver and we are looking for a corporate tax accountant with 2-4 years of experience.  Some public accounting experience would be helpful. Master's in Tax and/or CPA are a big bonus.  Personality is as important as technical skill as we're looking for someone who will be a great addition to our group for the long term.  I'd be happy to discuss the opportunity in greater detail if someone here is interested. We will only be looking at local candidates.

Thanks.

I have always wondered a bit at "we will only be looking at local candidates" - if you really don't want to pay extra for relocation why not just say "relocation assistance is not available"? Why try to block most potential candidates out? Seems really shortsighted.

I mean, you may have a guy who went to school in California (or Harvard, or whatever) and got a job in a big coastal city for 4 years, but really wants to live in Denver where he grew up. His parents moved to Florida (or whatever) so he has no local address anymore to fake you out.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!