Author Topic: Company-Paid Verizon iPhone6  (Read 2019 times)

BuckTurgidson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Company-Paid Verizon iPhone6
« on: January 04, 2015, 03:04:58 PM »
I have a Verizon iPhone6 that I purchased at a very low price through my employer.  The phone is on the company's large Verizon contract.  I never see the bill.

I am eligible for full retirement in 3 months, after working there for 32 years).

It is my understanding that most phones will accept a SIM card now.  Will I be able to convert this phone to our AT&T family plan, or I am stuck with Verizon (or other CDMA carriers)?

Shade00

• Stubble
Re: Company-Paid Verizon iPhone6
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 03:15:48 PM »
It will work without modification on AT&T or just about any other domestic carrier, including prepaid.

RH

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 04:04:26 PM »
Sometimes companies pay for an employees cell phone plan because then they own the phone number. Very useful if a top sales employee leaves and they don't want them to take all their clients with them.

BCBiker

• Stubble
    • Business Casual Biker - Health, Wealth, and Mental Stealth BTYB Bicycle Commuting
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 04:20:48 PM »
I would get rid of that At&T family plan as soon as contracts allow you to. Staying with a major carrier makes exactly zero sense right now.

My wife has saved over $1300 since switching to airvoice early last year. Her phone is now 3.5 years old and we will easily be able to buy the iPhone 6 free of contract with cash left over from just one year of savings.