Author Topic: Comp Plans  (Read 1689 times)

Rhoon

• Stubble
    • Multifamily and Apartment Investments
Comp Plans
« on: February 22, 2016, 07:38:24 PM »
Hello all,

For those of you out there in sales roles and have a comp plan associated with your job, you've probably seen ups and downs on those percentage numbers over the years. In the instances where the percentages down, how do you go about negotiating those back up? Any tips / suggestions?

In my instance, I just got my new comp plan, which took a 40% hit (Based on last year's quota; 30% based on this year's quota). In short, I'm now responsible for more and being paid far, far less.

Thanks.

DebtFreeBy25

• Stubble
Re: Comp Plans
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 07:50:46 PM »
What size is your current company? In my experience, large corporations apply the same compensation plans to everyone in a particular role. There is no room for negotiation, as they see this as a "pay for performance situation".

If you're working for a large corporation, you may have more luck negotiating your base salary based on your experience and tenure with the company. Based on the little bit of information in your post, I'd recommend that you investigate what your present employer's competitors are paying and possibly make a change. Having another offer is also a great way to solicit a better agreement with your current employer if they're interested in keeping you.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!