Author Topic: Colonoscopy prep the MMM way?  (Read 25663 times)

RapmasterD

• Pencil Stache
Colonoscopy prep the MMM way?
« on: November 10, 2014, 09:43:42 AM »
I am interested in any best practices you have beyond the obvious (i.e., chicken broth, gatorade, baby wipes, yadda yadda yadda...).

I stop eating at 11 a.m. Pacific time today, take the first dosage of yummies by 4 p.m., and go in tomorrow midday.

Thanks.

2ndTimer

• Magnum Stache
Re: Colonoscopy prep the MMM way?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 10:35:12 AM »
I started the yummies a couple of hours early and was complimented by the doc on the extreme cleanliness of my colon.  Improving visibility is always good.

MayDay

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 10:42:18 AM »
I have to do them annually as I have a high family risk.  Mine is coming up in a month. 

My preferred prep is no dark leafy greens for a week prior, then buy a big bottle of Gatorade, and mix a big bottle of Mirilax into it.  Plus take a bunch of dulcoset.  I can't remember the exact quantities but I can look up my prep paperwork if you want.  All off brand, of course!

Then I make some jello to eat, have some clear juice. and drink some hot veggie broth once I get sick of the sweet stuff. 

One year I had to do a prescription cleanse and that was so so so disgusting.  With the Gatorade one, at least you can pick your favorite flavor.  Or even substitute fruit juice, etc. 

Spork

• Walrus Stache
    • Spork In The Eye
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 10:44:54 AM »

Buy some expensive TP.  I'm not kidding.  Make sure you have some Charmin/Angelsoft... something.   I last did this 20 something years go ... so maybe its better now.  But you eventually have stomach acid hitting your tender parts.  You don't realize how scratchy that paper is until you need it.

MayDay

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 10:46:28 AM »
Other best practices:  claim a bathroom, and put a chair in it.  Go to the library and stock up.  Wear stretchy waist pants.  Sit in your chair, read a book, and when the urge comes, you will quickly whip your pants down, get on the pot, and the rocket will explode out your butt (google the Dave Barry colonoscopy article if you don't get this reference). 

You don't want to have to be fussing with belts and zippers and buttons on your pants. 

It may be hard to sleep.  Just as you drift off you awake to either a real or phantom need to poo.  It's hard to get restful sleep when you are on the verge of poo-zing yourself all night.  Thus, have lots of books to read while you are up at 3 am. 

When you drive to the hospital tomorrow, either wear a depends, or stick a towel down your pants.  If possible, know where the closest restroom to the hospital drop off is, so you can beeline towards it if needed. 

MayDay

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 10:46:53 AM »

Buy some expensive TP.  I'm not kidding.  Make sure you have some Charmin/Angelsoft... something.   I last did this 20 something years go ... so maybe its better now.  But you eventually have stomach acid hitting your tender parts.  You don't realize how scratchy that paper is until you need it.

I would say no toilet paper, wet wipes only. 

Spork

• Walrus Stache
    • Spork In The Eye
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 10:57:41 AM »

I would say no toilet paper, wet wipes only.

I can totally see how that might be an appropriate upgrade.

Gone Fishing

• Magnum Stache
  • So Close went fishing on April 1, 2016
    • Journal
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 11:53:50 AM »
If it is projected to be below freezing in your area, ask your neighbors not to empty their fireplace ashes in a leaf pile adjoining your property, because putting out a fire with buckets (because the hose is frozen), after you have taken 10x the recommended dose of laxatives, is not fun.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 01:56:14 PM by So Close »

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 11:56:51 AM »
What excited me the most was the medicine they gave you (I think called movi-prep?) did EXACTLY what it said it would do, and fast.

I have never had any other medication work so well, exactly as advertised.

frugaliknowit

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 12:01:53 PM »
Just make sure you have at least 1/2 roll of quality toilet paper (no generics, and NO SCRATCHY cheap stuff...ouch!!).  Camp out near the bathroom.  I wouldn't wear your $30 Calvin Klein undies that day or the day of the colonoscopy.

As far as what you eat before the cleanse, it doesn't matter.  As far as what it's like not eating, don't worry, you won't have an appetite and you'll be too busy camping out near the toilet and wondering where this all comes from and when it will end.

RapmasterD

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 12:07:21 PM »
Great advice, all! Thank you.

I already have the extra soft stuff on hand and have to find our baby wipes in the garage. No need to put a chair in our bathroom as it's too small to fit one, but it adjoins our BR and I've told my wife she is likely to be banished to the back bedroom once the party starts.

--Love the sweatpants advice in particular, plus the 'towel in pants' advice.
--Appreciated the authenticity of the 9.11 story!

RootofGood

• Handlebar Stache
  • Retired at age 33. 5 years in, still loving it!
    • Root of Good
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 12:13:43 PM »
I am going to share my relevant colonoscopy story. We're in the NYC burbs and my dad had his first ever colonoscopy scheduled for September, 11, 2001. Around 10 am that morning, he got a call saying the hospital was canceling all non-emergency medical care because they didn't know how many injured they would receive, and would he like to reschedule?

I bet his response was "oh shit!".

On a more helpful note, you can also wet toilet paper and make it smooth like baby wipes.  And still flush it without clog worries. 

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 12:20:20 PM »
The moviprep I was quoted a cost of $75.. like what?.. So I shopped around and got it for $14.

Mind you,, looking at the ingredients I know I could make my own..:)

Frank

NCGal

• Stubble
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 12:31:14 PM »
If you are a coffee drinker find out if you're allowed black coffee. The prep liquid made me so nauseated, combined with no eating and not drinking coffee - I had a migraine, was retching and had to cancel. I found out later I could have had black coffee which may have helped...the 2nd time around they gave me the shorter version of the liquid - more like a quart than a gallon.

RapmasterD

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 01:03:35 PM »
Thanks NCGal -- black coffee is allowed.

If I cancel I am charged $300. That's a lot of canned chili.

begood

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 01:13:40 PM »
Timely thread - I had a colonoscopy this morning! Yes, I will tell the whole internet, but just told my friends I "wasn't feeling well". I didn't feel like saying, "POOP! Lots of POOP!!"

Once I started taking the stuff - it was a free kit from the doctor called Preptopik - I just drank SmartWater. That has electrolytes so it helps keep all those electrolytey things balanced. I didn't worry about trying to get down soda or broth or juice or Jell-O, and I think it helped make things less... um... explosive.

I did go in with a washcloth in my undies, JUST IN CASE OMG.

I read not to use wet wipes for this particular occasion. Wipe as little as possible to do the job - NO SCRUBBING. Honestly, with what's going to come out of your hind end over the next 18 hours, you want as little interference in the process as possible.

Bear in mind that you will not always get a lot of notice when that urge comes upon you, so being close to the bathroom is essential. And speaking as someone who is now... *checks clock* ... six hours post-colonoscopy, you will still get a gurgle or two and perhaps one last hurrah EVEN AFTER THE PROCEDURE. Just sayin'. They tell you take the day off for a reason.

The good news I got was NO polyps and to come back in TEN YEARS. Woo hoo!

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 01:15:32 PM by begood »

chicagomeg

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 01:18:30 PM »
If it is projected to be below freezing in your area, ask your neighbors not to empty their fireplace ashes in a leaf pile adjoining your property, because putting out a fire with buckets (because the hose is frozen) after you have taken 10x the recommended dose of laxatives is not fun.

Thanks for making me laugh while eating my lunch, resulting in sweet potato/cornbread crumbs all over my keyboard.

RapmasterD

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 02:13:04 PM »
Timely thread - I had a colonoscopy this morning! Yes, I will tell the whole internet, but just told my friends I "wasn't feeling well". I didn't feel like saying, "POOP! Lots of POOP!!"

Once I started taking the stuff - it was a free kit from the doctor called Preptopik - I just drank SmartWater. That has electrolytes so it helps keep all those electrolytey things balanced. I didn't worry about trying to get down soda or broth or juice or Jell-O, and I think it helped make things less... um... explosive.

I did go in with a washcloth in my undies, JUST IN CASE OMG.

I read not to use wet wipes for this particular occasion. Wipe as little as possible to do the job - NO SCRUBBING. Honestly, with what's going to come out of your hind end over the next 18 hours, you want as little interference in the process as possible.

Bear in mind that you will not always get a lot of notice when that urge comes upon you, so being close to the bathroom is essential. And speaking as someone who is now... *checks clock* ... six hours post-colonoscopy, you will still get a gurgle or two and perhaps one last hurrah EVEN AFTER THE PROCEDURE. Just sayin'. They tell you take the day off for a reason.

The good news I got was NO polyps and to come back in TEN YEARS. Woo hoo!

Congrats to you! My sources tell me that in 10 years, the existing procedure may be obsolete....something about swallowing a pill that actually has a camera inside of it. And yes, I'm serious.

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2014, 02:51:43 PM »
Congrats to you! My sources tell me that in 10 years, the existing procedure may be obsolete....something about swallowing a pill that actually has a camera inside of it. And yes, I'm serious.

...friggen NSA want to see up my colon?...

MayDay

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2014, 03:00:23 PM »
I shit you not, my dad is going to be in a commercial and interviewed for a few news shows for the new procedure that Mayo just got approved.

It's called Cologuard if anyone wants to Google it.

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2014, 03:17:45 PM »
I had to eat nothing but steamed fish and white rice for three days, then nothing for 48 hours except the 'special drink'. DO NOT PLAN TO DO ANYTHING. Get books and toilet paper. DO NOT GO OUT. It might get quite... urgent. However, it calmed down for me for about 12 hours before the hospital appointment and sleeping was no problem.

Afterwards, read David Sedaris' colonoscopy story.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2014, 03:20:29 PM »
Hey RapmasterD, I'm so glad to see you're enjoying your retirement!
The elastic waist trousers are a must. Gatorade is good, but don't drink the RED stuff. Gelatin is good, but again, no RED. Best tip that I haven't seen yet is GummiBears. Yep, they're allowed as long as you avoid the - wait for it...RED ones. Tomorrow morning, you won't believe how delicious a breakfast of coffee and GummiBears is going to be.

Proximity to bathroom is good, chair in bathroom not so much. You won't want to be in there any more than is absolutely necessary, as it won't smell like roses. If your plumbing is the least bit balky, find the plunger now and keep it nearby. This is also an excellent time NOT to use baby wipes. They are NOT flushable, despite the manufacturer's claims, and magnify your chances of plumbing woes. Soft TP is worth its weight in gold. Since you have a kid and have dealt with diapers (hence less squeamish), I can also recommend warm, damp washcloths for their soothing comfort.

The advice to start early is excellent. If you do, you will probably be so cleaned out by the time you head for your procedure, you won't need a towel.

Note to any and all: They gave me pills to take, not slime to drink. I can't tell you what a difference it made. Too late for our friend RD, but keep this in mind when it's your turn. If they don't offer, ask for it. Even if it costs more, it's worth every penny.

3/19/2019 UPDATE: I'm going to pass this link along to another forumite, so I wanted to add that for my second colonoscopy, they gave me the slime. Apparently the pills have fallen out of favor. Much to my surprise, it wasn't especially slimy, and the lemon flavoring packet helped a lot. Also, the things you can eat list has been expanded to include pastel colors of gummy bears (gummy anything, really). Just stay away from the dark colors, especially reds and deep oranges. If you have a Sprouts near you, try theirs. They're made my Albanese and they are addictively delicious. Gummies really help with the desire to chew something during the fasting period.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:34:57 AM by Dicey »

Spork

• Walrus Stache
    • Spork In The Eye
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2014, 03:24:39 PM »
I shit you not, my dad is going to be in a commercial and interviewed for a few news shows for the new procedure that Mayo just got approved.

interesting choice of words for this thread...

RapmasterD

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2014, 04:00:54 PM »
Diane C is IN THE HOUSE! Thanks Diane.

I have an extremely ugly-assed pair of sweatpants ready that I NEVER wear unless I'm sick...even in the house.

And yes, I saw your other, more fired up post on the relationship situation.

+1

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2014, 04:19:04 PM »
The first time they gave me pills & I got very sick because my kidneys were shutting down. The 2nd time they did not even prescribe the pills anymore because of this problem & I felt so much better.

MrsPete

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2014, 04:35:28 PM »
Ask your doctor if you must mix the prescription powder with water . . . or if it's okay to mix it with Gatorade or something else. 

Chill the beverage. 

Steal a couple big fat McDonalds' straws. 

In addition to the wet wipes, consider some A&D ointment (or similar). 

The sweatpants /elastic waist pants are a great suggestion, but make sure everything else is very easy to put on /off -- for example, oversized tee and slip-on shoes.  You may be woosy when you're leaving, and you don't want to look like a total imbecile when you're dressing. 

When you leave for the procedure, leave a delicious comfort food (i.e., beef stew -- beef is always so good when you're sick) in your crock pot.  When you return home, you'll be ready to tuck into a good meal. 

Most important of all:
No matter how nasty the drink may be, follow instructions and don't cheat on the diet.  The worst of all situations would be to half-ass it (pun intended) and end up having to do it all again because the doctor couldn't get a good view. 

NCGal

• Stubble
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2014, 05:53:57 PM »

I saw a news story on that. It looks awesome. They're teaming up with UPS....we're hoping my husband can get in on it but the medical community here doesn't seem to know about it, yet. To some it seems gross but to me it's much less gross than putting yourself through the prep if you can avoid it.

RapmasterD

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2014, 06:27:19 PM »

Ask your doctor if you must mix the prescription powder with water . . . or if it's okay to mix it with Gatorade or something else. 

Chill the beverage. 

Steal a couple big fat McDonalds' straws. 

In addition to the wet wipes, consider some A&D ointment (or similar). 

The sweatpants /elastic waist pants are a great suggestion, but make sure everything else is very easy to put on /off -- for example, oversized tee and slip-on shoes.  You may be woosy when you're leaving, and you don't want to look like a total imbecile when you're dressing. 

When you leave for the procedure, leave a delicious comfort food (i.e., beef stew -- beef is always so good when you're sick) in your crock pot.  When you return home, you'll be ready to tuck into a good meal. 

Most important of all:
No matter how nasty the drink may be, follow instructions and don't cheat on the diet.  The worst of all situations would be to half-ass it (pun intended) and end up having to do it all again because the doctor couldn't get a good view.

It's got to be water. We have begun. Holy mother fucker!!

MayDay

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2014, 06:42:24 PM »
I will ditto not to screw up your prep.  My uncle half-assed the prep, they go in there and started root-rooting, and then they quit and sent him home to re-do it in a week. 

NCGal

• Stubble
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2014, 06:57:21 PM »

I saw a news story on that. It looks awesome. They're teaming up with UPS....we're hoping my husband can get in on it but the medical community here doesn't seem to know about it, yet. To some it seems gross but to me it's much less gross than putting yourself through the prep if you can avoid it.

Are UPS employees supposed to be the test group?

Rather than a test being done on you, the test is done on a stool sample. A kit is delivered and picked up by UPS. That`s the arrangement I was referring to. I guess it gives new meaning to "Big Brown".

begood

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2014, 07:45:07 PM »
It's got to be water. We have begun. Holy mother fucker!!

Good luck, RapmasterD! We'll be rooting for you!

(and gummi bears??? really??? wish I'd known!)

Dollarbill49

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2014, 08:00:42 PM »
I've had two of these procedures so far.  Need to get them every 5 years due to a family issue.  Used magnesium citrate and lot's of water.  Can also use ginger ale, black coffee.  Had some chicken broth as well. 

I noticed you're going in (or out as the case may be) at noon time.  I found that time to be much better and easier to handle from a sleep standpoint than when I had my first at 7am.

Best of luck to you.  It's not really that bad.  And let them give you something so that you sleep during the procedure.  Had a friend who declined, couldn't believe what he was feeling, but it was too late to switch his mind.

Primm

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2014, 08:58:07 PM »
I used to work in a colorectal surgery ward. Here's what we used to tell people:

Chill the drink. Really cold, and then serve it on a glass of ice. Much more palatable.

Alternate each glass with a glass of water or other clear fluid. Electrolyte drinks are good, but not red. It stains the bowel mucosa and they can't see properly, and you get to do it all over again.

Once the drink is finished keep going with the clear fluids. The more you can flush out your bowel, the easier it is to see properly and the less likely you will be to have to repeat the test.

Soft toilet paper, dampen it and blot rather than wipe. A tub of baby bottom cream (not sure what types you have over there) after you dry yourself off with blotted dry toilet paper is a good idea too. And a couple of showers while you're doing it to get a really good clean.

Good luck. It's not fun, but it's important.

Nords

• Magnum Stache
    • Military Retirement & Financial Independence blog
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2014, 08:58:56 PM »
I am interested in any best practices you have beyond the obvious (i.e., chicken broth, gatorade, baby wipes, yadda yadda yadda...).
Whoever's up next:  make sure that your beverage of choice is not caffeinated.  Electrolyte drinks like GatorAde might be fine, but some of their "energy" variants have caffeine in them.

Nothing like 500+ mg of caffeine on an empty stomach to make things interesting while you're otherwise occupied...

Lyngi

• Stubble
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2014, 10:09:58 PM »
Maybe get a Peri-bottle.  A little squeezie bottle for rinsing the bum.  Calmoseptine barrier cream.  Chill the prep.  Use a straw.   I rarely see magnesium citrate anymore--if you have kidney problems, it can be bad.   Mostly I see bisacodyl 5mg 2 tabs and 2 tabs.  Plus Miralax in gatorate--2 doses.  One of the doctors in our area LOVES Suprep.  It is like $70, but oh,  you can get a coupon to "save" 15%. 

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2014, 10:12:04 PM »

Are UPS employees supposed to be the test group?

Rather than a test being done on you, the test is done on a stool sample. A kit is delivered and picked up by UPS. That`s the arrangement I was referring to. I guess it gives new meaning to "Big Brown".

Ha ha I was going to say, makes sense with brown shorts being part of the uniform.

Can I say, I'm super happy there's a thread about the cheapest way to prep for a colonoscopy on this forum.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2014, 10:48:24 PM »
Bite the pillow

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2014, 03:29:50 AM »
Also, get whoever is taking you to and from the hospital to bring food/drink for afterwards, but nothing too substantial. I had a mango smoothie and it was like manna from heaven! Yoghurt would be good too.

And finally, no matter how horrific a concept it is, the sedative does work and you don't really remember much at all.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2014, 04:07:01 AM »

I've actually had this (twice, for different parts of the bowel OMG). It's amazing. They start the pill taking pictures (like you can see it flashing a few times every second) and you swallow it. Mine was called a 'PillCam'.

The funniest thing is that you know it has made a full 'passage' when it comes out the other end. I looked into the bowl to be sure it was what I thought it was.. and it was still flashing! So to my horror, the last picture the specialist saw was probably my face looking into a toilet bowl!

That was the larger one for the large intenstine I had done, for the small intestine one, the flashing was over by the time it reemerged.

You still have to do the movi-prep, unfortunately. Wow, that was unpleasant.

So this is definitely available in the UK. In fact, I had my two pillcams on the NHS instead of colonoscopy or endoscopy, for the simple reason that I have a serious phobia of cannulas, and they wouldn't do the procedure without some kind of sedation. I researched this pill cam I'd heard of on the radio, got a referral to a specialist, and he organised it all for me, just so I didn't have to have the cannula.

I thank my lucky stars for the NHS every day, and am one very happy tax payer. The staff we so understanding about my phobia, even though I knew how expensive the pill cam must be, and felt kind of guilty for requesting it for a psuedo-medical reason.

theSchmett

• Stubble
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2014, 04:55:09 AM »
Please do not do this at my library.

Go to the library and stock up.

Nords

• Magnum Stache
    • Military Retirement & Financial Independence blog
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2014, 10:09:47 AM »

I've actually had this (twice, for different parts of the bowel OMG). It's amazing. They start the pill taking pictures (like you can see it flashing a few times every second) and you swallow it. Mine was called a 'PillCam'.

The funniest thing is that you know it has made a full 'passage' when it comes out the other end. I looked into the bowl to be sure it was what I thought it was.. and it was still flashing! So to my horror, the last picture the specialist saw was probably my face looking into a toilet bowl!
I sure hope the photos are downloaded over a wireless network, because I'd hate to have to do a toilet recovery and then clean out the USB port...

And yes, in case you're wondering, submariners DO accidentally drop their radiation dosimeters down the toilet drain.  You don't want to know more of the details about recovery and processing, but I'll share that it involves a QA-controlled work procedure and a lot of command attention on the unfortunate miscreant.

Back on a serious note, there's at least one other procedure for a non-invasive "virtual" colonoscopy.  The reason that neither of these procedures have caught on in the U.S. is because of the desire to harvest polyps for cancer biopsies, which is probably still beyond the ability of the camera pill.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:11:26 AM by Nords »

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2014, 12:01:46 PM »

I sure hope the photos are downloaded over a wireless network, because I'd hate to have to do a toilet recovery and then clean out the USB port...

Ha ha! (In case anyone is curious I wore a belt and a crossbody bag with equipment and a battery in all day to record the findings.)

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2014, 05:52:05 PM »

Ha ha! (In case anyone is curious I wore a belt and a crossbody bag with equipment and a battery in all day to record the findings.)

Those Google cars are everywhere now.  Your insides are probably on Google Earth.

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2014, 05:53:55 PM »
NOrds you are so right.  If you did it the other way & they found polyps you would need to clean yourself out a second time so they could get rid of them.  Of course that is the worst part of the whole thing.

MayDay

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2014, 06:31:14 PM »
The procedure itself is like a lovely pleasant nap.

The reason they expect the stool sample test to be successful is that you don't prep. If they find something, of course you have to prep and have it removed.

Simple Abundant Living

• Pencil Stache
    • Simple Abundant Living
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2014, 10:19:59 PM »
I was told to take magnesium citrate, which I've seen at the dollar store. <----frugal tip!  By far, that was the worst of the whole experience!  I thought I was going to throw up each swallow and have to start over.  The clean out was orderly and controllable.  I stayed home, but I didn't need to camp out on the toilet. Procedure was a piece of cake, scheduled in the early am. Just my experience.

NCGal

• Stubble
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2014, 02:19:39 PM »
So RapmasterD how did it go?

Gone Fishing

• Magnum Stache
  • So Close went fishing on April 1, 2016
    • Journal
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2014, 02:52:26 PM »
So RapmasterD how did it go?

Everything come out alright?

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2014, 03:16:42 PM »

RapmasterD

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2014, 04:45:07 PM »
Thanks to everyone who posted!

I must say I was nervous as hell but everything was fine. And yes, the nap during the procedure was wonderful...holy moly!

I walked in to the place so cool and handsome and physically fit for a 52 year old guy....and soon recognized I had a very very small poo stain on my sweat pants. I will not wear the sweat pants again until the next procedure. They're really quite unappealing.

But really it was great. They DID find two polyps...most likely benign, but I have to go back in three years -- a definitive call to action for folks contemplating NOT to get a colonoscopy to indeed get a colonoscopy.