Author Topic: Churning a business card with personal expenses?  (Read 2405 times)

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
Churning a business card with personal expenses?
« on: February 19, 2019, 09:29:36 AM »
I thought I could do this to take advantage of the reward points, so I started signing up for the Chase Ink Unlimited Business card.  Then I read the following term of contract:

"I certify, understand and agree that: 1) This is a business account which shall be used only for business purposes and not personal, family or household purposes; 2) I am liable, both individually and jointly with the Company, for payment of all balances on any account opened pursuant to this application; 3) I have read and agree to all terms, conditions, authorizations and disclosures provided with this credit application and, to the best of my knowledge, all information provided is complete and correct; 4) I am the Authorizing Officer of the Company with significant responsibility to control, manage or direct the Company and I have the authority to request this business card account and to bind the Company to the terms of the Business Card Agreement; 5) certain servicing activities for the selected product may be performed from locations outside of the United States; 6) the Company and I are responsible for all rewards program redemptions and will ensure that such rewards are: redeemed for the Company's business purposes only; used to benefit only the Company and not for the personal benefit of any individual; and used in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, ethics standards, and Company policies; and 7) If I leave the employment of the Company, I will notify Chase immediately, and I will continue to be liable and responsible for all account balances until the account is closed and paid in full or a new Authorizing Officer, acceptable to Chase, is substituted on the existing account."

Bleh...  I haven't submitted the app yet.  I have no intentions for using it for business.  I couldn't generate $3000 in business expenses to get the rewards.  Maybe like $1000 in business expenses over 3 months.

Saving in Austin

• Stubble
Re: Churning a business card with personal expenses?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 09:03:41 PM »
Ignore the terms. Sign up for the card.

Get the bonus charging whatever personal and business expenses you want on the card.

That's what I am doing.

I don't think Chase is evaluating my purchases.

jnw

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 09:24:23 PM »
It isn't like I have an LLC or Corporation and trying to have a corporate veil.  I am just a simple sole proprietorship and it's all pass through anyways.

maginvizIZ

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 08:48:38 AM »
I used 100% personal expenses for the chase business ink card... Got my 100k points.

Chase doesn't have the time to verify if your expenses are personal or business related.

Lady SA

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 09:04:41 AM »
Same as everyone else. I had a chase ink card 2 years ago and got the points with 100% personal spending. Went on a nice trip to Alaska with them, no incident or problem.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 12:02:52 PM »
I have opened many business cards and have never had business expenses.  Don't worry about it.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!