Author Topic: Cheapest option for photo albums  (Read 2539 times)

EconDiva

• Handlebar Stache
Cheapest option for photo albums
« on: August 11, 2017, 06:35:45 PM »
I have thousands of photos from trips over the past 2.5 years and I really want to gradually create some photobooks out of them.

But I don't want to pay an arm and a leg.  I'm wondering if Groupon is a good place to start.

Anyone create photo albums online before at a decent price?

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
Re: Cheapest option for photo albums
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 07:21:35 PM »
Yes, but the company is out of business now (myPublisher)! =o Posting to follow, since I need to make my second anniversary photo book... a few months late ;) haha.

Spiffy

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 08:08:22 PM »
Just get the supplies from Hobby Lobby. They have a lot of styles to choose from and are 50% off very often. You can choose the binder you like and then choose the page protector to photo pocket pages that you want.
 Oops, just notice you said online. I have tried blurb but it took me forever to put it together. I prefer to order print of my favorites and make an album the way I described above. I also like to include ticket stubs, business cards of restaurants, etc, and I wouldn't know how to include those in a photo book.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 08:11:43 PM by Spiffy »

FLBiker

• Handlebar Stache
    • Chop Wood Carry FIRE
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 04:53:05 AM »
Assuming you mean digital photo books, I've used both snapfish and shutterfly.  I like shutterfly better.  Either way, I wait for coupons and I've paid ~$20 a book.  I typically do a year in review for my dad and my wife, and they've come out very nice.  Plus, my daughter (2 yo) absolutely loves looking at them.

startingsmall

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 09:31:13 AM »
Another vote for Shutterfly. Once you sign up for their email list, they constantly send coupons for various deals. The albums look good and I find their website pretty easy to work with - they have lots of different options, depending on whether you want to do a lot of customization or just upload photos and have their program slap them all together into a book.

chad

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 11:30:26 AM »
My wife makes yearly books for our family using Blurb. I'm pretty sure that, if you wait for a sale, you can get much more bang for the buck with them than any other company. But I don't remember the specific numbers.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 08:10:23 AM »
Paper versions - most craft stores will have stuff. JoAnns, Michaels, etc. Also you can find stuff online. I choose not to support Hobby Lobby for philosophical reasons.

Online - shutterfly is the one my friends use. I don't do pictures much.

EconDiva

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 08:44:57 AM »
Assuming you mean digital photo books, I've used both snapfish and shutterfly.  I like shutterfly better.  Either way, I wait for coupons and I've paid ~$20 a book.  I typically do a year in review for my dad and my wife, and they've come out very nice.  Plus, my daughter (2 yo) absolutely loves looking at them.

Ooops...

I should clarify that I meant photo books.

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 11:38:12 AM »
I had some done through Walmart for Christmas one year and they did a pretty good job for the cost.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!