Author Topic: Cheap Caribbean and Apple Vacation  (Read 4754 times)

baloncesto

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Cheap Caribbean and Apple Vacation
« on: February 02, 2018, 08:30:20 AM »
Has anyone booked a vacation through cheapcaribbean or Apple Vacation or heard anything about them firsthand? Would you recommend them? Would you use them again? Was it worth it to use them?! It appears as though they have low prices but they have a lot of negative reviews online. Thanks in advance for your input.

baloncesto

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Cheap Caribbean and Apple Vacation
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 08:33:22 AM »
Additionally, do you have any recommendations for an all-inclusive vacation? Obviously looking for something that is of good value. Want the best price, but don't want to have a terrible experience with bad quality.

Jtrey17

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 09:02:02 AM »
I’ve booked through Apple vacations a few time (Jamaica 15 years ago and Mexico about 8). I liked the convenience of knowing they provide transportation to and from resort and they are available if issues arise. I booked a vacation to Mexico through Expedia for this March and it’s really a nightmare. They didn’t secure the condo I bought and paid for in January and now want to put us up in a condo that does not meet our needs. It took me 5 hours on the phone with them yesterday and they finally  got everything squared away (and ended up giving us a 3 bed penthouse). But I’m not impressed with the upgrade, I just wanted the condo that I chose initially. That and now my kids will really skewed view of Mexican accommodations!

Miss Piggy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 11:35:27 AM »
I've booked with Apple Vacations twice. Good experience both times.

I'm in the process of booking a beach vacation for this summer, and I've learned that if we book directly with the resort, it's about $300-$400 cheaper than going through a travel agent, and it appears to be an Apple-like package. It might even be Apple.  After reading Jtrey17's comment above, I need to make sure it includes transportation to and from resort. It does include airfare.

Riviera Maya has some good prices. Jamaica, as I understand it, is going down in price (it used to be lower, then went up significantly, but I guess with all of the crime news, prices are going down again). Cruises may be cheaper than those two locations, and you get to see more places. You can't beat the beaches and crystal clear water of the Caribbean resorts. I wish there were places in the U.S. that were comparable, beauty-wise and price-wise, but I have yet to find any.

dummy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 03:29:14 AM »
My wife and I have used Cheapcaribbean.com twice for all inclusives so far and will use them again.

We like one way flights and junior suites with ocean views and balconies, not ground floor though.  Our favorite so far was Secrets Capri in Riviera Maya, Cancun area.  They had Corona beer which I like. The other Riu we also enjoyed (but not as much) was in Cancun and had Tecate brand beer which I dont like.

The cool thing about the Rius is they let you go to any of them with your wristband. So my wife and I would walk a few blocks and check out the other Riu resorts.

baloncesto

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 08:34:15 AM »
Thanks for all your input everyone!