Author Topic: Chase UR points transfer question  (Read 3355 times)

NextTime

• Pencil Stache
Chase UR points transfer question
« on: September 28, 2017, 11:01:50 AM »
The time has come to cancel my chase sapphire reserve card and I need to transfer all of my accumulated UR points.

I had the Sapphire Preferred previously and when that year was up I downgraded it to the regular Chase Sapphire.

I'm trying to find information about the Chase Sapphire and am having trouble. It looks like it doesn't participate in the UR program. But when I go into my account and attempt to do a transfer, it looks like I can transfer the UR points to the normal Sapphire card.  Is this okay to do? Even though it doesn't accumulate points, will the normal Sapphire card allow me to just use it as a kind of UR banking account?  Or will it backfire on me and force me to lose all of my points?

My other option is to apply for the Ink Business Preferred and transferring the points there.  I have a question for you pro churners out there though.  What type of information do you enter when applying for this card?  If you are just an individual, what type of info to you put down for business name, number of employees, revenue sales, etc.? Do you just make stuff up or use your salary or what?  Thanks for any info given.

NeonPegasus

• Bristles
    • Neon Pegasus
Re: Chase UR points transfer question
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 11:13:29 AM »
I couldn't find a card listed that was just a Chase Sapphire. Anyway, I agree about it not being listed as a UR participant. What about getting a Chase Freedom card? That is in the UR program and has no annual fee. How about downgrading the Sapphire Reserve to that?

NextTime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 11:42:21 AM »
Will they allow me to move my UR points to that though? Chase freedom uses a different kind of points correct?

NeonPegasus

• Bristles
    • Neon Pegasus
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 11:45:26 AM »
Will they allow me to move my UR points to that though? Chase freedom uses a different kind of points correct?

They use UR points. One quarter, they were doing 5% back on Amazon grocery store purchases. I purchased 1500 of gift cards from grocery stores and added it to my Amazon account. Then I xferred the UR points to the CSR so I could redeem for 1.5 pts. So yeah. Same points. No problems transferring.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:50:14 AM by NeonPegasus »

missundecided

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 11:47:20 AM »
FYI, without the Reserve, you won't be able to transfer your URs to travel partners. They become the equivalent of cash back.

Catbert

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 12:03:18 PM »
FYI, without the Reserve, you won't be able to transfer your URs to travel partners. They become the equivalent of cash back.

This.  Any of the free cards will allow you to keep and accumulate UR points but not transfer them to partners.  Do you have a spouse that you can play every-other-year with?  Or do you know where you might want to transfer them to? 

NextTime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 12:12:24 PM »
Yeah. I'm just up against the gun now so want to get them transferred quickly before the annual fee hits.  I guess I will have 30 days to cancel once it hits as well.