Author Topic: Cell Phone help in Denver CO  (Read 1847 times)

Pam

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Cell Phone help in Denver CO
« on: September 04, 2017, 07:54:03 AM »
I am currently paying $140 + per month with my cell phone carrier for two lines...  thinking of switching to T-Mobile as they have an unlimited talk, text, and data plan for those 55 and over that would be only $60 per month for two lines.  That's a savings of almost $1000 per year.  I would like to hear from anyone with T-Mobile in the Denver CO area - how is the service?  Also for two lines I think this compares favorably with Republic.   Any feedback appreciated!  Thanks!

EarthSurfer

• Stubble
Re: Cell Phone help in Denver CO
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 12:00:48 PM »
Pam, T-mo is great in the metro area, but had sketchy to non-existent coverage in the Mountains and Wyoming.

The T-mo coverage maps are deceptive! The default setting is to show "projected coverage" for the new Long Range LTE expected to come on-line by the end of 2017. For example, the coverage map shows good coverage around Nederland, but there is none. (You may pick up small spots of coverage.)

I kept T-mobile while I was traveling internationally for business and pleasure for 2-3 months per year. 

I left T-mo after 2 years because of the lack of coverage between Estes Park and Black Hawk, poor data coverage along I-70 between Vail and the Utah border (voice coverage is ok), and iffy coverage at ski areas with good coverage on AT&T & Verizon.

I am currently using Cricket 4GB/m $35/m for my phone service since it provides access to the AT&T network in the US. Overall, I have been much happier with the coverage.

On my recent business trip to South Korea, I purchased a SIM near the airport for ~$25 that more than covered my needs for the 5 days I was in country, and I could charge my client for the cost.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 01:25:55 PM »
Pam, do you know how much voice/text/data you actually use?  If you're paying for unlimited, but using <1GB, you could save a bundle by opting for a less-expensive plan.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 01:31:43 PM »
Pam, do you know how much voice/text/data you actually use?  If you're paying for unlimited, but using <1GB, you could save a bundle by opting for a less-expensive plan.
I agree, it's good to start in reverse and find out how much cell phone usage you have to determine what you actually need. It's also a whole lot more Mustachian.

How much talk, text, and data do you use each month?

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!