Author Topic: Car Selling Noob  (Read 331 times)


  • Stubble
  • **
  • Posts: 204
Car Selling Noob
« on: April 23, 2019, 06:33:00 PM »
I just received a car as a gift from a relative. They live in Indiana, I live in Ohio. I have the Indiana title with both of our signatures. In order to sell or trade in the vehicle can I just take the title to a dealer (in either IN or OH?) or do I need to get a new title issued in my state along with registration etc?

I don't want to take any unnecessary trips to the BMV or pay for plates and tags I don't need.

Any advice is appreciated, I've never sold a car.