Author Topic: Canadian Cell Phone Plans...  (Read 3473 times)

Dmy0013

• Stubble
Canadian Cell Phone Plans...
« on: June 19, 2013, 06:37:46 PM »
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 09:50:37 AM by Dmy0013 »

lifejoy

• Magnum Stache
  • Lovin' the Mustachian life!
    • Not Buying This
Re: Canadian Cell Phone Plans...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 09:19:33 PM »
Depends on where in canada you are. Wind mobile is really good.

I got a rogers deal that only works for saskatchewan.... so yeah.

Matt K

• Bristles
    • Krull Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 07:11:03 AM »
Look online for cell -phone unlocking providers. I unlocked my Rogers phone for a trip to Europe. It cost me $8.

Look carefully at what you actually use on your phone. I know I do not use more than 150mb data (but I do need data), and I use about 50 minutes talk time. I called Rogers simply to ask when my contract expired, when I said why (my $70 plan was overkill for my needs), they put me on a plan that met my needs for $45 ($50 plan plus discounts). My contract has not been extended. When it expires I will move to a low cost provider, but until then I am content with the service I've gotten from Rogers.

Do you live in a big city and rarely travel outside of it? See if Wind or Mobilicty cover your city. Both offer exceptional prices ($30 unlimited everything, or $15 for a no-data plan) so long as you don't roam outside the city.

For me, Koodo seems to have the best plans-sans-contract, because I travel outside of the city a great deal.

Do not sign any contract before December when the new Wireless Code of Conduct comes in to play.

icefr

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 12:08:28 AM »
I second Matt K's suggestion to talk to Rogers. I managed to get a $20 unadvertised plan from them despite the fact that my contract was up even. This was almost 4 years ago now though. It's always worth asking. Figure out what you actually use/want/need first before asking for it.