Author Topic: Can you use an airport lounge pass at a different terminal to yours?  (Read 3122 times)

dreamer8887

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Sorry about the awful grammar in the that title, I'm up early to catch an international flight and a bit exhausted.

From credit card hacking, I have a United Club lounge pass. Today I'm flying long haul to LAX arriving at the Tom Bradley terminal, and then I'm transferring to a domestic flight that leaves 4 hours later from Terminal 4.

There is a United Club at Terminal 7 - but presumably it's on the other side of security. Will I be able to go through security in T7 in order to use that club, even though my boarding pass is for a T4 flight?

This is probably a dumb question but I haven't used a pass before and I couldn't find an obvious answer on google. Thanks in advance!

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Can you use an airport lounge pass at a different terminal to yours?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 01:49:56 PM »
Looks like there are air-side tunnels and walkways at LAX so you won't have to go through security.

http://www.laxishappening.com/assets/pdf/LAX-CTA-South-Tunnel-Map.pdf

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 05:25:19 PM »
Yes.

Make sure you leave enough time when leaving the lounge to get to your flight. :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 05:31:15 PM »
Totally dependent on the airport and how they have things set up. Your best bet is to stay airside. Study the bus routes that pick people up from the gates, that's always a good bet to bypass the highly inflexible main entrance agents (looking at you CDG).

renata ricotta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 07:10:25 PM »
Sorry about the awful grammar in the that title, I'm up early to catch an international flight and a bit exhausted.

From credit card hacking, I have a United Club lounge pass. Today I'm flying long haul to LAX arriving at the Tom Bradley terminal, and then I'm transferring to a domestic flight that leaves 4 hours later from Terminal 4.

There is a United Club at Terminal 7 - but presumably it's on the other side of security. Will I be able to go through security in T7 in order to use that club, even though my boarding pass is for a T4 flight?

This is probably a dumb question but I haven't used a pass before and I couldn't find an obvious answer on google. Thanks in advance!

Yep - LAX has tunnels all the way around the airport so you can move from terminal to terminal without re-entering security.  I have successfully used the Alaska lounge in Terminal 6 when my flight was out of Terminal 5, no problems.