Author Topic: Can you return a treadmill to Costco?  (Read 7771 times)

MMMdude

• Bristles
Can you return a treadmill to Costco?
« on: June 24, 2018, 08:44:44 PM »
Purchased treadmill from Costco about 8 years ago.  It is knocking abit while in operation...truth be told I am into outdoor activities now and we could use the room.  Would Costco take this back given it is now not working properly?  I've never seen someone with a treadmill in the line lol

Johnez

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Can you return a treadmill to Costco?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 12:54:02 AM »
If they'll take a Christmas tree back...after Christmas, they'll take anything.

But damn, 8 years? Sounds like you got a fair bit of time on that thing.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 01:51:06 AM »
Aren't you expecting a bit too much from a treadmill you bought at Costco?

"The average lifespan of a treadmill seems to be anywhere from 7-12 years. Proper care and regular maintenance is crucial to a long and happy treadmill life. "

If it was working just fine the first couple of years, and / or you have not hired someone (or yourself) to do routine maintenance, I would suggest that it is at the end of life (or needs maintenance).

Try fixing it and selling it at a steep discount on Craigslist if you no longer want it.

Case

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 04:18:35 AM »
Purchased treadmill from Costco about 8 years ago.  It is knocking abit while in operation...truth be told I am into outdoor activities now and we could use the room.  Would Costco take this back given it is now not working properly?  I've never seen someone with a treadmill in the line lol

You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking of something that low.

People like you ruin over generous systems (like Costco's) for everyone else. 

Case

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 06:01:21 AM »

By the way, bullshit that your treadmill is actually broken.  What you have is ordinary wear and tear.

jc4

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 01:09:06 PM »
I'd give 100% you can take it back to Costco. You probably won't get any money for it though.

FIreDrill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 01:35:48 PM »
You may be able to return it and get your money back but you would be taking advantage of a very generous return policy.

Returnning it would just show how cheap you are.  Frugal is good but cheap is annoying.  Just sell it on Craigslist...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

patchyfacialhair

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 04:02:40 PM »
Don't return it lest you join the ranks of horrible people of the world like that one poster that bragged about sitting at a restaurant table for hours without ordering anything.