Author Topic: Can you have an HSA (HDHP) + Limited Purpose FSA + Dependent Care FSA?  (Read 2149 times)

BayIslandSaver

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I searched around the webs and could not find an answer.
This year the wife and I have 2 of the 3 (HSA and DC_FSA).  We're looking at some significant dental expenses next year, so I'd like to know if having the LP_FSA would be possible too.

SKL-HOU

• Pencil Stache
I am pretty sure you can. I have HSA and Dependent care FSA. But I could have signed up for the Limited Purpose FSA as well through my employer.

Jtrey17

• Stubble
Yes you can. I enrolled for bennies today and all three were an option. The FSA doesn't roll year to year so be sure to only put in what you know you'll use.

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
The Dependent Care FSA is irrelevant to an HSA, so don't worry about that.

Exactly what could be reimbursed under the FSA is very relevant, so do ensure you understand that.  See Publication 969, particularly https://www.irs.gov/publications/p969/ar02.html#en_US_2015_publink1000204039.

Note that it is not good enough for you to say "I'll use the FSA only for dental expenses."  The FSA itself must be limited to those things allowed in Pub. 969.

Good luck!

clarkm04

• Stubble
Yes.

My wife has a HDHP with HSA.

Limited FSA for vision and dental (has a $500 carryover)

Dependent Care for our son.

BayIslandSaver

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Nice!  Thank you all for the replies!

Got some dental work (implant) coming up and wanted to see if I should hold off on it until the next enrollment period.

Looks like I will wait.  Already maxing out the DC_FSA for 2016 (daycare is expensive!).