Author Topic: Can Someone Recommends One Investment Book For Beginner?  (Read 25762 times)

ioseftavi

• Bristles
Re: Can Someone Recommends One Investment Book For Beginner?
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2014, 02:52:42 PM »
From someone who works on Wall Street, The Intelligent Investor is a must.

Preach on.  Still the best book on investing in individual stocks ever written. 

Even if you're an indexer, there's a great deal to be said for what Graham had to say on how to approach investing - the idea of being your own worst enemy, and that "investing is at its most intelligent when it is most businesslike".  Wish I could've heard him teach.

Gracie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2014, 05:20:09 PM »
For the Uber Newbie: The Coffeehouse Investor and Boglehead's guide to investing

Intermediate: The Investor's Manifesto

Experienced: A Random Walk Down Wall Street and The Four Pillars of Investing

Advanced: The Intelligent Investor, The Intelligent Asset Allocator, the Berkshire-Hathaway report to investors (annual)

Adam G

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2015, 02:59:43 AM »
All of the mentioned books are really recommendable.
Additionally, newbies should read "Play Smart in the Stock Market"

http://www.amazon.com/Play-Smart-Stock-Market-investment-ebook/dp/B00UHG8WH0

jml2307

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2015, 04:35:36 AM »
For a great non-technical book with a historical flavor, I remember reading "The Devil Take the Hindmost" by Edward Chancellor. It has been a while since I read it, but it covers the history of investing over the past 400 (+/-) years. You can gain a ton of practical investing knowledge from it while enjoying the read.

On the introductory technical side of things, I enjoyed "Fundamentals of Contemporary Financial Management"  by Moyer, which you can pick up on amazon for a penny. This introduced and covered the (simple) mathematics behind the core principles of finance (in a text book format).

Just my 0.02, hope it helps