Author Topic: Buy it for life: Casual shoes that can be repaired  (Read 1934 times)

FunkyMustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Buy it for life: Casual shoes that can be repaired
« on: June 08, 2016, 05:22:47 PM »
A couple years ago I started only buying shoes that be repaired. I have a really nice pair of boots and a decent pair of dress shoes. I get them re-soled as needed (or pre-soled, in the case of the dress shoes)

I'm stuck on what to do about a casual sneaker-type shoe. I usually get whatever Converse or Vans are on sale, but they only last a few months before I blow out the sole, always on the ball of my foot. I need something I can wear around town, take to the beach, ride my bike on etc. Everything I've seen with a bottom that be replaced is way too formal, and would look silly with shorts.

Any suggestions on a casual shoe with a sole that can be repaired? Or just a casual shoe that will last more than a few months? Or any methods to make them last longer? I've wondered about putting in a really good insole.

LM123

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Buy it for life: Casual shoes that can be repaired
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 05:32:06 PM »
I've never personally owned them, but I have friends that swear by their Chacos and send them in to the company every couple years for some maintenance. If you google Chacos repair you'll be directed right to their nifty repair website. It isn't a sneaker, but it is casual! I bet they would look great with your shorts :P

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!