Author Topic: Bryant CFP course  (Read 2864 times)

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
Bryant CFP course
« on: May 04, 2017, 10:06:50 AM »
Anyone here taken this course.  Just wondering if it provided enough info.  Were the practice tests necessary?  I'm a pretty good test taker.  Also is the test multiple choice?

Advice or insight.

I'm considering this as a side gig to allow me to FIRE 3-4 years earlier.  I love running numbers and scenarios for people ... and i love running my own but there is only so many spreadsheets you can make.

slappy

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Bryant CFP course
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 10:27:45 AM »
I started it a couple of years ago but decided to take in person courses instead. The two or three courses I took seemed pretty thorough.  As with anything, it depends on how much you put into it.  I'm taking in person courses now and I think I would probably get more out of the Bryant courses and for less money. I've been considering going back to Bryant.

Bobberth

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 01:30:30 PM »
The CFP exam is multiple choice. Don't equate that to mean easy though. It's a bitch of a test. Every possible wrong answer is there to choose from. It's the math part of the test that gets most people. Even those who already work in the business. Nothing is more demoralizing than working a problem 3 different ways and having all 3 answers to choose from. Plus 2 more! You have to train your mind to think like the test. That's the biggest value of the classes (other than they are required of course).

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 01:38:13 PM »
The CFP exam is multiple choice. Don't equate that to mean easy though. It's a bitch of a test. Every possible wrong answer is there to choose from. It's the math part of the test that gets most people. Even those who already work in the business. Nothing is more demoralizing than working a problem 3 different ways and having all 3 answers to choose from. Plus 2 more! You have to train your mind to think like the test. That's the biggest value of the classes (other than they are required of course).

i've passed the PE its the same style test.  wouldnt be a good test if you couldnt do the problem wrong and have one of the choices be that answer. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 01:46:25 PM by boarder42 »

Bobberth

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 12:54:46 PM »
Then you should challenge the test. Would probably be the best 10 hours of your life.

MayDay

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 08:09:28 PM »
10 hours! The PE isn't that long.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 12:41:26 PM »
10 hours! The PE isn't that long.

It's only a 6 hour test. From the cfp I've talked to and their knowledge it can't be too hard.