Author Topic: Bought $SODA and sold it with profit, bought SodaStream. Any other examples?  (Read 4155 times)

tuomasj

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Yourdream.io
Hi,

Many months ago, I bought some SodaStream stocks. Eventually the price raised high enough, and when I sold the stocks and deducted taxes, I bought a SodaStream machine with the profits.

Have you done anything that is similar to this? (Not necessary on stock market) 

Left

• Handlebar Stache
I do it with cell phones off craigslist. I buy broken phones or ones that are otherwise not wanted, fix them up with parts from other phones, sell it at market rate (or whatever people will pay for it)

Megatron

• Stubble
I used money to court my fiancee and take her to nice restaurants and now she makes me delicious food for free! greatest ROI ever.

brewer12345

• Handlebar Stache
I paid for a kitchen and bathroom rennovation back in the mid 2000s with the profits from some successful options trades.

olivia

• Pencil Stache
  • From Consumerism to Minimalism
My uncle did this with Apple stock.  He only sold it to buy a new Apple product.  He passed away last year so I'm not sure if my aunt is continuing this tradition or not.

nawhite

• Handlebar Stache
    • The Reckless Choice
I used money to court my fiancee and take her to nice restaurants and now she makes me delicious food for free! greatest ROI ever.
+1!

Did the same with my wife. Well worth it!

Nords

• Magnum Stache
    • Military Retirement & Financial Independence blog
In 2006 when we were building our photovoltaic array, we bought a bunch of panels from Evergreen Solar.

A few months later we bought Evergreen Solar stock and made back the money we'd spent on the panels.  Luckily we also had the sense to not be greedy and to sell out.  Evergreen Solar didn't last much longer.

chasesfish

• Magnum Stache
I bought quite a bit of whole foods stock.

It makes the twice a month trip there where my wife and I wander and spend about $20-$50 far less painful when I'm up over $10,000 on their stock.

I've also found myself eating more at Cracker Barrel for client breakfasts now that I am a shareholder.

Mega

• Stubble
Bought Rogers Communications stock. Now my wife has 'free' cell service.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!