Author Topic: Blogging Question-When to Apply for Amazon Affiliate Status  (Read 3366 times)

lezaline

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Hi everyone. I've been reading up on other blogger questions in this forum and doing every variation of a query with google to try and determine when to apply for Amazon Affiliate status on a blog. I recently (like a month ago!) started a blog and fully intend to monetize from the start. I will have my third post up this week with a few more to hopefully follow after a week on the lake in the woods. The content is a variation of a book review so it should be easy enough to find places to link back to Amazon.

Can anyone provide some insight as to when I should apply for the affiliate program? I don't want to get rejected because of lack of content. I'm already spending about 10 minutes an article linking to amazon products and I'd prefer to spend that time linking using permanent affiliate links based on "campaigns" that I structure.

Thanks for any insight!

slugline

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Blogging Question-When to Apply for Amazon Affiliate Status
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 12:24:15 PM »
Amazon must have upped their standards recently. I don't recall any such test to join their affiliate program.

Then again, I quit using their links because of a lack of results, too. . . .

lezaline

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 12:48:38 PM »
Thanks Bristles, I couldn't find anything that said they did have standards. However, I couldn't find anything saying they had a threshold either. Appreciate the help.

WhatIsFrugalAfterAll

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 01:30:11 PM »
Amazon is kind of complicated to deal with. They often have standards, but will not publish them nor directly tell you.

My advice: Go for it now. If they say no, ask why?    Fix what they want, and try again.

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 05:46:50 PM »
I had it from probably my first post. I have gotten no money from it and have very few page views, but so far it's been fine.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!