Author Topic: Blog post went viral - need help picking a decent theme  (Read 2660 times)

windawake

• Bristles
Blog post went viral - need help picking a decent theme
« on: June 16, 2015, 09:28:12 AM »
Hi friends,

Yesterday a coworker posted a blog post of mine on Hacker News and it exploded, more than doubling my all-time traffic. I was thinking about updating the theme this weekend and now wish I had. Since then, I've been looking for a premium theme. I know exactly what I want, and I drew a picture of it which is attached (clearly I'm super tech savvy).

Not pictured: I'd also like the capability for full wide-screen images, and nice tiled mosaic galleries using Wordpress Jetpack.

I use the blog for interviews, commentary, and lots of photos of bike events. I like a minimalist orientation, but with a few bells and whistles especially when it comes to displaying photos.

Does anyone know of a theme or two that could do all these things I want?

swick

• Magnum Stache
Re: Blog post went viral - need help picking a decent theme
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 09:54:31 AM »
Congrats on going viral!

I would think that any number of Studiopress themes that are on the genesis framework would work for you, most of what you need is built into many of their themes.  I'd spend some time looking though there samples and gallery and see what works for you http://www.studiopress.com

If you don't need the dev tools and direct customer support, I (well Mr. Swick) could install Genesis and whichever theme you like out of 60 or so themes they have designed

Retired To Win

• Handlebar Stache
  • making the most of my time and my money
    • Retired To Win
Re: Blog post went viral - need help picking a decent theme
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 11:06:50 AM »
The theme I use (Asteroid) has tiling capability that looks like your sketch.  The theme was free, too.