Author Topic: Bizarre PSE&G Bills  (Read 2727 times)

TrademarkTer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Bizarre PSE&G Bills
« on: November 11, 2017, 03:51:04 PM »
So I moved into a new apartment around the middle of August.

I received my first gas and electric bill from PSE&G in mid-September for around $90. I thought this was quite high as I only used AC for a couple of hours one day, and I always unplug devices not in use. I called them up, and found out the bill was estimated, and so, it was over the amount. Okay, so my October bill said $0.00 as I had a credit from the previous month. Great, I'm happy! Now I just got my November bill, and it is only 50 cents. Again, very happy, but I knew the $90 bill was too high, though now I feel $90.50 for three months might be a little too low. My old apartment, which was a bit smaller, I averaged about $50 a month. I am scared what December's bill may end up as, and don't want to get hit with a whopper around the holidays. Anyone else have a wonky billing experience with PSE&G?

terran

• Magnum Stache
Re: Bizarre PSE&G Bills
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 03:59:30 PM »
Have you been using electric to either heat or cool much over the 3 months? around $30 (usually a bit higher, but below $50) has been pretty consistent for us across 2 different 2 bedroom apartments in two different parts of the country and a 3 bedroom house in one of them when not using to heat/cool. I work from home, so I'm probably using a bit more electricity during the day than you would if you aren't.

Was your most recent bill based on an estimated or actual reading? You may be able to submit your own reading in months that are estimated if you want things to be less variable.

TrademarkTer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 04:04:43 PM »
Have you been using electric to either heat or cool much over the 3 months? around $30 (usually a bit higher, but below $50) has been pretty consistent for us across 2 different 2 bedroom apartments in two different parts of the country and a 3 bedroom house in one of them when not using to heat/cool. I work from home, so I'm probably using a bit more electricity during the day than you would if you aren't.

Was your most recent bill based on an estimated or actual reading? You may be able to submit your own reading in months that are estimated if you want things to be less variable.

They finally came out and did an actual reading this time. I am hopeful it is just low! I am usually not home too often during the day, but over the past week or so, it has gotten a bit colder so I have put on the heat a bit more in the last week or so.

terran

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 04:11:04 PM »
It'll probably go up because of that then, especially if it's electric heat. Ours would go up a bit from running the furnace fans in our house with gas heat in a cold part of the country. We're now in the south with electric heat, but we've managed not to turn it on yet, so we'll have to see what happens when we do.

Engineer_Erik

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 09:00:47 AM »
I assume you don't have a smart meter since they have to come out and do a manual reading.   You can always take your own reading and estimate your bill.  The power company should publish their rates $/kWh

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Dave1442397

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 09:48:03 AM »
You can sign on to PSE&G, create a user account for yourself, and enter the readings on the website. You can also do it by phone.

https://www.pseg.com/home/customer_service/meter/submit.jsp

TrademarkTer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 12:17:21 PM »
I assume you don't have a smart meter since they have to come out and do a manual reading.   You can always take your own reading and estimate your bill.  The power company should publish their rates $/kWh

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Unfortunately in my complex the meters are in a locked room, for which I don't have a key