Author Topic: Bike trailer on public transit? (Bus)  (Read 1622 times)

dabighen

• Stubble
Bike trailer on public transit? (Bus)
« on: June 10, 2018, 08:10:48 AM »
Hi all,

I just discovered very convenient bus routes from concord to Nashua and Manchester here in NH.  Any experience out there with people whom bring their bike and trailer on buses?  I know they have those racks but don't know if I'd be looked down upon if i tried to bring a bike trailer as well?  I'd be interested to hear those out there with kids on how you all swing it.  Thanks,

Matt

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
Re: Bike trailer on public transit? (Bus)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 10:03:17 PM »
I have no clue at all how you think you'll fit a bike trailer on a typical bus bike rack.  It's... not even a thing I can mentally wrap my head around.  They don't work at all like that.

Either put a seat on the bike for the kid, or just bike the whole way.

skeptic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 10:26:29 PM »
I also don't see how the trailer could work on a bus... but there are great non-trailer kid seats. I love the Yepp Mini (front) seat, there are numerous back seats, and even skinny seats that go between your own seat post and your handlebars.

ruraljuror

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 11:21:24 PM »
Call and ask the transit agency, they all have different rules. If it's not much bigger than a typical stroller, they shouldn't have a problem. Especially if you can fold it and place it under the seats near the front of the bus.