Author Topic: Best Solo Vacation Place to Go Near Fort Lauderdale, FL? Go south to Miami?  (Read 3481 times)

Emergo

• Stubble
Should I find an airbnb place to stay in Ford Lauderdale and enjoy the beach there? Or go south to Miami where it's a little more expensive and find a place there?

I'm going solo as a single 27 male. I've never been to that area. Any recommendations on things to do?

It's about a 4-5 day vacation.

latinlover77

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Would you be okay staying at a hostel? Im staying at a hostel on south beach for about $50 bucks in March. Seems like a decent deal for low maintance type of male.

Bucksandreds

• Pencil Stache
Fort Lauderdale beach area will be loaded with college students throughout most of March.

Krolik

• Stubble
I wouldn't recommend Fort Lauderdale beach either. It is rather dirty and very crowded and March will be spring break. I would stay away. My favorite is Crandon Park @ Key Biscayne. Beautiful beach, however hotels at Key Biscayne are expensive. But there are busses so it is easy to find a cheaper hotel/hostel and take a bus if you don't want to use a car.

Emergo

• Stubble
Would you be okay staying at a hostel? Im staying at a hostel on south beach for about $50 bucks in March. Seems like a decent deal for low maintance type of male.

50 bucks a night? Link please

Emergo

• Stubble
Bump

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
Do you like nature, snorkeling?  Have a car?

I stayed at this everglades hostel over one Halloween.  They had great staff and parties a couple nights I was there.  The place is really cool (plunge pool, tree house, etc).  The everglades are pretty amazing.  Especially if you like alligators & birds.
http://www.evergladeshostel.com/

Then I headed down to the keys and stayed in this place midweek.  It's a block from a really cool sunset bar called Lorelei with live music, cheap happy hour specials, and lots of locals.  Around this area you can go fishing or snorkeling.  If you catch fish, the Lorelei will cook it any way you want it.
http://www.keylantern.com/rates.htm

Emergo

• Stubble
Do you like nature, snorkeling?  Have a car?

I stayed at this everglades hostel over one Halloween.  They had great staff and parties a couple nights I was there.  The place is really cool (plunge pool, tree house, etc).  The everglades are pretty amazing.  Especially if you like alligators & birds.
http://www.evergladeshostel.com/

Then I headed down to the keys and stayed in this place midweek.  It's a block from a really cool sunset bar called Lorelei with live music, cheap happy hour specials, and lots of locals.  Around this area you can go fishing or snorkeling.  If you catch fish, the Lorelei will cook it any way you want it.
http://www.keylantern.com/rates.htm

Looking to spend less than 700 for 4-5 days.

Emergo

• Stubble
Bump

mozar

• Magnum Stache
+1 for Miami. Ft Lauderdale is mostly retirees and college kids. You will get bored there fast.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Best Solo Vacation Place to Go Near Fort Lauderdale, FL? Go south to Miami?
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 08:30:30 PM »
I wouldn't recommend Fort Lauderdale beach either. It is rather dirty and very crowded and March will be spring break. I would stay away. My favorite is Crandon Park @ Key Biscayne. Beautiful beach, however hotels at Key Biscayne are expensive. But there are busses so it is easy to find a cheaper hotel/hostel and take a bus if you don't want to use a car.

I live in the area. I wouldn't recommend Crandon Park for a single male traveller. There's not much going on around there. I also don't think the beach in Key Biscayne is as good as Miami Beach. I'd recommend South Beach or North Beach (65 to 88 St) (not North Miami Beach that's another town). I have seen there are some hostels. North Beach will be cheaper and you can take a 10-15 minute bus down Collins Ave to go to South Beach. North Beach is known as little Buenos Aires.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!