Author Topic: Best recommendation for a protective iPhone 6s Plus case?  (Read 3236 times)

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
Best recommendation for a protective iPhone 6s Plus case?
« on: January 06, 2017, 07:31:06 PM »
I've gone cheap in the past and ended up with cracked screens and other issues. I figured I'd sick it up and put some non-mustachian money towards protecting my iPhone investment.

Any good recommendations that are financially viable?

Damyante

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Best recommendation for a protective iPhone 6s Plus case?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 12:39:44 AM »
I have a lot of knowledge, I would have added a lot.

Mr.BondsBeard

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 02:26:27 AM »
I've been using a Spigen Tough Armour case on my iPhone 5 for the past few years. It costs around €35 but its worth it in my opinion. The downsides are that the metal part of the case scratches easily and that the case is rather big.
Check some reviews and see if it fits your needs.

MrsPB

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 03:35:58 AM »
Otterbox for the case and there is a 'glass' (it's super thin) screen protector I just got for $30. I also paid  for the Apple 2 year coverage which will replace the phone if you break it/drop it in water etc.

Here's the screen protector I have http://www.libertyguard.net/product/atlantic-village-shorts/
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 10:13:25 AM by MrsPB »

chasesfish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 06:04:10 AM »
I have one and I'm a fan of a Magpul case plus an additional glass screen protector.   I've cracked one screen in two years but I dropped it on cobblestone from 5 feet up and it landed screen first.

MBot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 02:46:07 PM »
After an Otterbox allowed water in and wrecked my husbands still-good 4S, he put his new phone in a LifeProof. They're fantastic and offer free replacements if any component begins to fail.

BAMxi

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 05:04:07 PM »
I second the recommendations for either an otterbox case or a magpul case. The magpul cases are cheap and super durable. otterbox cases are quite a bit more expensive but will protect your phone more. I like the ease of being able to pop the magpul case on and off easily, as i usually don't use a case unless i'm working outside or hiking/camping/canoeing.

Txtriathlete

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 09:59:14 PM »
Life proof.

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 09:50:49 AM »
I'm a big fan of the shatter proof screen protector and just a cheap case. The other robust cases are just too big IMHO.

lbmustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 12:59:08 PM »
Otterbox, hands down. They're not cheap but they work the best. I'm brutal with my phone and have never had one break with an Otterbox case. They run sales all the time. 

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 02:43:04 PM »
Another vote for Otterbox.  GF and I both have them on our phones.  Her last phone looked brand new after a few years in one.

kms

• Bristles
  • Minion Money Hippie
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 04:18:51 PM »
Actually Apple's leather case is pretty awesome and helps protect everything but the front. For that you can get a glass screen protector for a few bucks. Make sure it's gorilla glass though, and not the cheap chinese crap.

I now have a translucent silicone case on my iPhone 6 Plus (that thing is way too good lookin' to be hiding behind an ugly Otterbox) and abovementioned glass screen protector. I've dropped this thing countless times and there's no damage to it whatsoever.

Wile E. Coyote

• Bristles
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 04:33:46 PM »
I second LifeProof. Nothing better than being able to film underwater and it's not as bulky as Otter Box.  I was able to find it at Kohl's online for $40 and got BestBuy to match that price.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!