Author Topic: Best Place to Parelax Cash  (Read 6730 times)

COlady

• Bristles
Best Place to Parelax Cash
« on: April 25, 2016, 01:30:38 PM »
My in-laws have quite a bit of money. My FIL is a mustachian doctor (although he doesn't know what a mustachian is). They are trying to find various banks to park some cash in. They want to be sure that it's FDIC insured. The money needs to be accessible so no funds. I think I've seen you all talk about online only banks. Suggestions?

COlady

• Bristles
Re: Best Place to Parelax Cash
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 01:33:45 PM »
Paralex was supposed to say park, thanks autocorrect.

matchewed

• Magnum Stache
Re: Best Place to Park Cash
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 03:41:59 PM »
It depends what they need the cash for, or rather what the time frame is for the usage of the cash.

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 10:23:34 PM »

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 12:14:11 AM »
I usually parelax my cash with a hinterpump, but everyone's situation is obviously different.  It could even make sense to aquaslag it!

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 12:41:29 AM »
I usually parelax my cash with a hinterpump, but everyone's situation is obviously different.  It could even make sense to aquaslag it!

Really?  That's ballsy, I've always just jornfickled the mienzelyptoids and not bothered with hintrepumps or aquaslagging.  Way too much work for an extra half a percent.

matchewed

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 06:28:32 AM »
Pffft, it's a perfectly cromulent amount of work.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 12:28:23 PM »

Really?  That's ballsy, I've always just jornfickled the mienzelyptoids and not bothered with hintrepumps or aquaslagging.  Way too much work for an extra half a percent.

How arrogant of you!  Not everyone has mienzelyptoids, you know.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 12:31:13 PM »
BTW, I've been pretty happy with Ally Bank for my non-mienzelyptoidal cash.  These days, the interest rates are so low it doesn't matter that much.  It's not like back in the day where you could get 5% one place and only 0.25% at another place.

COlady

• Bristles
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 01:05:14 PM »
This thread has gotten pretty hilarious. I googled the definition of paralex because clearly my phone thought it was a great word to autocorrect to. Apparently paralex is not a word but it does appear in Urban Dictionary...

Paralex

The douche at the party that everyone secretly hates. Usually a huge nerd in some way that thinks he's cool. Acts and dresses like a fake gangsta but is the biggest bitch you'll ever meet.

Ha ha ha