Author Topic: Best phones for Google Fi?  (Read 1373 times)

The 585

Best phones for Google Fi?
« on: August 14, 2018, 03:54:54 PM »
Hello! DW and I are considering making the switch from Republic Wireless and Ting to Google Fi. We really like the Google Pixel, and it looks like the Pixel 1 can be found for low $200's in good/mint condition, but is it a bad time to buy with the Pixel 3 likely being released this October? Will the prices of the Pixel 1 and 2 drop significantly when the 3 is released?

I like the prices of the Moto G6 and X4 at $200 and $250, but we've had the Moto X 1st and 2nd gens and haven't been impressed. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

AccidentialMustache

• Pencil Stache
Re: Best phones for Google Fi?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 04:35:51 PM »
It being google, if you aren't buying brand new, your security updates are of a (too-)limited duration. You have to judge how important that is to you.

I have a X4 and its a fine device. Probably more than I need. I was on a Nexus 5x which was great until I saw three or more friends do the boot-loop-of-death. They had a trade-in special on them when the X4 came out and, having seen mine beginning to show the first signs of the that problem (very occasional random reboots, which it hadn't done during its 1st year of life), I happily made it "someone else's problem."