Author Topic: Best Mustachian Productivity tips for your Side Hustle?  (Read 2685 times)

stealmystapler

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Best Mustachian Productivity tips for your Side Hustle?
« on: May 03, 2013, 11:00:03 AM »
I've been (mostly) lurking on the forums for some time now, but I've run into a snag that I know you all can help with. Mustachians are naturally fairly motivated types, and it seems that many of us have side jobs to help pay down debt/bring up the savings rate, etc. - so I am sure many of you can relate.

I'm an architectural historian, and I work full-time at a "real job." I also have a number of small side jobs - writing National Register nominations for tax credit projects, research assistant-ing for a professor, restoring historic wooden windows, etc.

I love everything I am doing, but I sometimes find it difficult to recharge my brain for more research and writing after I've spent all day researching and writing. (Yes. Sometimes I get sucked in by my inner lazy, whiny self) I've learned to change the setting (i.e. I know I don't get much work done on the couch), and that a small pot of coffee can work wonders. Of course, so do hard deadlines :)

What other tips do you have for recharging and having a productive evening, even after a long day?

boy_bye

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Best Mustachian Productivity tips for your Side Hustle?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 12:20:41 PM »
What other tips do you have for recharging and having a productive evening, even after a long day?

i'm a writer on my own time (software wonk for pay) and i find the best method to get my writing done is to do it before work. every once in a while i'll feel motivated after being in the office all day, but not usually. it works a lot better for me to get up at 5 am and have a few hours to bang some stuff out before i go into the office. by the time i get home at night my brain is ruined :)

twinge

• Bristles
Re: Best Mustachian Productivity tips for your Side Hustle?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 12:40:21 PM »
+1 for early morning writing/research

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!