Author Topic: Beach Vacation?  (Read 4798 times)

TheDude

• Bristles
Beach Vacation?
« on: January 20, 2013, 07:59:06 PM »
My wife and I are having our second kid this August. We were thinking it might be fun to dump the kid off with  the grandparents and spend three or four days somewhere warm. Anyone have any suggestions on decent reasonably priced place to hang out on a beach for a couple of days?

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Beach Vacation?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 12:19:29 PM »
What country are you in?  What coast are you near?

TheDude

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 01:54:12 PM »
Sorry I thought it was shown by my name. I am in Colorado so nowhere near a coast really.

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 02:05:14 PM »
Oh, no, I see a location by some people's name, but not yours.

Mexico, my friend.  I met a couple colorado guys when I was there, airfare was apparently pretty reasonable.  Zihuatenejo was still nice as of a few years ago.

unpolloloco

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 12:44:34 PM »

cbr shadow

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 01:04:20 PM »
Usually I dont recommend going through a travel agent, but recently 2 seperate couples that I know when on a trip to Dominican Republic (Punta Cana) through a travel agent that did a special Apple Vacation deal.  They are from Chicago and paid $650 per person, but that included airfare, 5 days/nights at a nice resort, all food, all drinks, ect.
I dont remember what the specific package was called, but the way it works is they guarantee a high end resort (4 out of 5 "apples") but you dont find out which resort until you get to the airport. They're all on the same beach though, so that shouldn't deter anyone.
Anyways it's something to look into if that interests you.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!