Author Topic: bad neighbors  (Read 13736 times)

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
  • 'tis nothing good nor bad but thinking makes it so
bad neighbors
« on: June 30, 2017, 04:30:37 PM »
What do I do about my neighbors?  I live in a single family neighborhood, rather middle class and suburban in nature.  The house next door is a rental and the people who have moved in abuse their children, beat on each other, play loud violent music outside and litter in the street and in neighbor's yards.  Furthermore, they won't keep their children out of the neighbors yards and the children frequently tear up the plants in the landscaping.

We have tried talking to them about the children stomping on our landscaping.  Their response is always "they're just kids!".  Other attempts to talk with them have been met with dismissiveness.   

The police have been there several times and social workers with their clipboards show up every month or so...all to no effect.

The state of California pays their $2800 / month rent so the landlord doesn't care - the checks don't bounce. 

Any suggestions?

Zero Degrees

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: bad neighbors
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 06:07:13 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that!  It sounds terrible.  If it were me, I would probably be calling the cops or CPS on them all the time.  But, I suppose there is a fine line where they could try to make your life more of a living hell than it already is.

Can all you neighbors come to a consensus and make a complaint or something? It's unfortunate that it takes a lot of complaints or something very serious before any change will happen.

Bottom line, regardless how big of ass hats they are, it is the children I would be most concerned about.

Good luck with that!  Again, sorry.

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 06:14:25 PM »
Thanks ZeroDegrees - the neighbors and I commiserate with each other but we haven't done anything.  I think you're right, I will see if they will join me in complaining to the landlord...perhaps the lease won't be renewed...

Lepetitange3

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 06:52:07 PM »
So I'm not overly familiar with the laws in CA, but most states run fairly similar....so FWIW 1) this sucks 2) if you can prove actual crime is being committed you can get the police to take action, this means videotaping usually.  On your phone is fine or get an outdoor camera.  Beating on each other = assault ; kids messing up yards = destruction of property.  Presented with easy evidence greater than complaints, they will typically be much more likely to file charges. 

Spork

• Walrus Stache
    • Spork In The Eye
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 08:02:20 PM »
Posting to follow.  We have awful meth-head neighbors as well.  I figure one day someone will burn the house down or murder someone and that will be the end of it... but that might take a while.

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 03:23:46 PM »
So I'm not overly familiar with the laws in CA, but most states run fairly similar....so FWIW 1) this sucks 2) if you can prove actual crime is being committed you can get the police to take action, this means videotaping usually.  On your phone is fine or get an outdoor camera.  Beating on each other = assault ; kids messing up yards = destruction of property.  Presented with easy evidence greater than complaints, they will typically be much more likely to file charges.

Amen to the embolden part of your post.  The outdoor camera sounds like a good idea if I can mount it discreetly and it doesn't surpass my "mediocre at best" technological skills.  Of course the mustachian in me is recoiling at spending any  money on this, but if it catches something important it will be worth it.   Thanks. 

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 03:28:10 PM »
Posting to follow.  We have awful meth-head neighbors as well.  I figure one day someone will burn the house down or murder someone and that will be the end of it... but that might take a while.

Thanks for the perspective, I will be thankful that they aren't cooking up that stuff.  I also feel like my neighbors will eventually self destruct and move out but you're right, it can take a while. 

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 03:29:09 PM »
I would install a fence so they can't get in your yard and call the cops if it is after 10pm that they are making noise. Get all your neighbors to call too. A friend of mine did that and after awhile there were so many complaints that the landlord had so many fines that he quit renting to them. If they are abusing the kids definitely report to CPS.

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 03:50:18 PM »
I would install a fence so they can't get in your yard and call the cops if it is after 10pm that they are making noise. Get all your neighbors to call too. A friend of mine did that and after awhile there were so many complaints that the landlord had so many fines that he quit renting to them. If they are abusing the kids definitely report to CPS.

Thanks Cassie.  You've given me another thing to be thankful for:  they are quiet at night.  The f-bomb laden loud music has always been during the day.   And you're right, I gotta give out the landlord's phone number to all the neighbors.  Assuming the bad neighbors have a one year lease means that we only have 6 or 7 months to go before the lease renews or the landlord decides that better tenants can be found. 

Spork

• Walrus Stache
    • Spork In The Eye
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 06:31:18 PM »

Thanks for the perspective, I will be thankful that they aren't cooking up that stuff.  I also feel like my neighbors will eventually self destruct and move out but you're right, it can take a while.

Ours aren't cookers.  They're users.  A large bunch of seemingly violent folk living in a tiny 2 BR house with drunken parties/loud music/late night shooting and 4 wheeling.  We're out in the country, so they're not RIGHT next door... probably 100 yards away.

I like the camera idea.... if nothing else, but to have a pocket full of evidence if something happens.

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 05:08:42 PM »
+1 to a security camera -- preferably one with sound recording.  I was having issues with the idiot neighborhood kids a few months ago and was going to get this one to replace my front porch light: https://www.amazon.com/Maximus-Video-Security-Camera-Outdoor/dp/B010FWU62E/

Only reason I didn't get it was because the operating temperature maxed out at 104°F and I'm in the desert southwest.  104° is a warm spring day.

You said the state of California pays their rent.  Do you know which program this is through?  There are most likely some rules they have to follow in order to receive that money.  For example, the HUD website shows the following responsibilities for section 8 recipients:

Responsibilities to the Project and to Your Fellow Residents:

• Conducting yourself in a manner that will not disturb your neighbors.
• Not engaging in criminal activity in the unit, common area, or grounds.
• Keeping your unit clean and not littering the grounds or common areas.

Find a list of responsibilities they are supposed to follow, document a few instances of them not following the list, and report it to their case worker.  If their free money is threatened, they'll either get their act together or find another place to live.  And of course if you catch the kids destroying your property, or an abusive conversation going on, you should send those recordings to the police immediately as well.

They receive subsidized housing but it could be thru the county or the state.  Interesting stuff about the rules - I think I need to do a little research and then decide if a security camera would work.  I wonder if the social workers that occasionally visit monitor their compliance with the rules of if it's outside of their job duties.  Thanks for the helpful info.

StacheyStache

• Bristles
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 06:22:02 AM »

Amen to the embolden part of your post.  The outdoor camera sounds like a good idea if I can mount it discreetly and it doesn't surpass my "mediocre at best" technological skills.  Of course the mustachian in me is recoiling at spending any  money on this, but if it catches something important it will be worth it.   Thanks.

Only thing I disagree with is mounting it discreetly.  Put it up where everyone can see and consider (if your neighborhood allows) putting up signs that say under video surveillance.  Often the threat of getting caught will deter the bad behavior.

This is my big concern:  How old are the children?  Do you have children/are you planning to?  Unlikely the bad neighbors will stay long enough for this to be a concern if the children are very young but I grew up in the same house all my life and so did my next door neighbors who were similar in age.  What started off as pulling up my mom's flower bed and writing curse words in the snow quickly escalated as they grew up and started acting out from what was without a doubt a bad home situation.  They chased my sister and her friend down on their bikes, forced them into a creek and tried to burn them with cigarettes.  They had street fights in the cul de sac (of an upper middle class neighborhoods!!).  When they learned to drive they tried to run the neighborhood children over.  This was absolutely intentional on their part.  My mom caught them in the act once time (a very near miss with a little girl on her bike who had to crash onto the grass to avoid being hit), stormed over to the mom's house and told her loudly and angrily what she just saw  Nothing was ever done.  The property damage escalated from flower bed destruction to broken windows, destroyed mailboxes, and dented front doors from throwing rocks.  On and on and on.   The only thing that ever stopped them from torturing us was the cameras but the children grew up to be worse than the parents. 

My point is you need to nip this in the bud now.  Sounds like they have a pretty sweet setup with free $$$ rent and you don't know how long they'll be there.  If the children are growing up in a home like that you need to be more afraid of them than the parents.

chasesfish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2017, 07:46:58 AM »
I would either buy the house or find code enforcement issues on the property - going after the tenant doesn't help, push the landlord via violations.

Moonwaves

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2017, 08:14:05 AM »
On a different note but just since I'm feeling optimistic and not-quite-as-cynical as usual today: you could always try to engage with the kids, maybe even get them helping in your garden (especially if you grow anything to eat, which I think can be more fun for kids). If they're helping to take care of it, maybe they'll be less likely to keep destroying it. And maybe it could help them get out of the cycle of abuse they seem to be stuck in a little bit.

Kl285528

• Stubble
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2017, 08:28:07 AM »
Lean hard on the owner. HARD. Getting the landlord bothered by their activities will create more leverage to get them out. Sadly, I predict that this situation gets worse not better until eviction.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
  • On a forum break :)
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 08:43:42 AM »
I also found it helpful to:

1. Report EVERY issue.
So, not every third issue, or only the worst. Every single one.

2. Report to EVERYONE with jurisdiction. So, in my region, a noise complaint could go to:
*police
*bylaw
*building manager
*landlord

Where the last two are different people, the latter may hear of nothing (from the manager) until you call directly. Strata, HOA, etc, may also have jurisdiction.

3. Report every single day. Report every instance, every single day, to everyone with jurisdiction.

4. Escalate the reporting.
Call each in the middle of the night. e.g., Some landlord's don't care about how their tenants are disturbing others until they are disturbed themselves. Police are often more available at 5am than 2pm or 2am. If nothing is happening via bylaw, put a written record of calls into the bylaw supervisor or to the city. Etc.

5. Encourage neighbours to do likewise. Often the powers that be will do nothing if hearing from only one person, or two. Engage as many neighbours as are bothered.

misshathaway

• Bristles
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 08:39:00 AM »
I've been in this situation, only it was in an apartment house and my apartment was above the loud child-abuser, wife-beater. Just keep in mind that your neighbors don't play be the same rules you do, and they might be dangerous if they feel like you are harrassing them. I wouldn't single myself out as the only obvious complainer.

In my case I finally made an anonymous call to social services when the kids had visible bruises. The screaming and abuse stopped due to DSS intervention, but I almost got beaten up b/c the guy thought it was me who called.

lbmustache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2017, 10:52:35 AM »
Lean hard on the owner. HARD. Getting the landlord bothered by their activities will create more leverage to get them out. Sadly, I predict that this situation gets worse not better until eviction.

Yep. Start going directly to the landlord. This is the person that has the most power in getting the tenants out.

BNgarden

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2017, 12:14:11 PM »
Call each in the middle of the night. e.g., Some landlord's don't care about how their tenants are disturbing others until they are disturbed themselves.
5. Encourage neighbours to do likewise. Often the powers that be will do nothing if hearing from only one person, or two. Engage as many neighbours as are bothered.

+1 to all points; echo esp #4 and #5 above--our experience w a rental complex.  Until I gained the landlord's number and called in the middle of the night when I was disturbed by tenants, nothing really changed.  Property managers are meant to keep this from happening.  Research ownership if need be, call the business number, try to find likely / actual home line and test as required.

In our city, police ONLY respond if there are multiple complaints (unless it's a really slow shift, which is rare).

Best of luck.

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 03:47:13 PM »
Thanks to all the responses!  My wife has made a few complaint calls to the landlord and things are a bit quieter.  In addition I have sent an anonymous letter to all the immediate neighbors giving them the landlord's contact info.   

I'm taking a walk to the big box home improvement store to look at surveillance cameras this evening. 

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 03:51:37 PM »

Only thing I disagree with is mounting it discreetly.  Put it up where everyone can see and consider (if your neighborhood allows) putting up signs that say under video surveillance.  Often the threat of getting caught will deter the bad behavior.

This is my big concern:  How old are the children?  Do you have children/are you planning to?  Unlikely the bad neighbors will stay long enough for this to be a concern if the children are very young but I grew up in the same house all my life and so did my next door neighbors who were similar in age.  What started off as pulling up my mom's flower bed and writing curse words in the snow quickly escalated as they grew up and started acting out from what was without a doubt a bad home situation.  They chased my sister and her friend down on their bikes, forced them into a creek and tried to burn them with cigarettes.  They had street fights in the cul de sac (of an upper middle class neighborhoods!!).  When they learned to drive they tried to run the neighborhood children over.  This was absolutely intentional on their part.  My mom caught them in the act once time (a very near miss with a little girl on her bike who had to crash onto the grass to avoid being hit), stormed over to the mom's house and told her loudly and angrily what she just saw  Nothing was ever done.  The property damage escalated from flower bed destruction to broken windows, destroyed mailboxes, and dented front doors from throwing rocks.  On and on and on.   The only thing that ever stopped them from torturing us was the cameras but the children grew up to be worse than the parents. 

My point is you need to nip this in the bud now.  Sounds like they have a pretty sweet setup with free $$$ rent and you don't know how long they'll be there.  If the children are growing up in a home like that you need to be more afraid of them than the parents.

You're right - the camera should be obvious.   And no plans to have any children (our kids have already left the nest!).  And so sorry to hear about the disfunction you experienced with your neighbors growing up, but thanks for the perspective - I could certainly have worse neighbors.

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2017, 03:55:02 PM »
I would either buy the house or find code enforcement issues on the property - going after the tenant doesn't help, push the landlord via violations.

Zillow puts the price of the house at about $600k so that's a bit more than I can spend on a second home!  I gotta think about the code violation aspect...maybe there's something there...

Thanks!

esq

• Bristles
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2017, 07:12:59 AM »
The landlord may be getting his rent money without problems, but I suspect these folks are tearing up his $600k home inside. He should take a little more interest in his tenants. If he's far away, perhaps you can discreetly take pictures of damage/disarray in the yard.

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2017, 01:44:14 PM »
Update:  We've had several conversations with the landlord and two neighbors have said they would call the landlord.  Things have been much quieter the last few days.   

Also I talked to the city about all the empty soda cans littering their backyard, saying that we've noticed more flies lately.  The city said if we see rats then the county's health department should be notified.  Short of that they won't do anything. Fortunately we noticed yesterday that the cans were all gone.

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 02:19:25 PM »
Some more interesting developments:  we met with the "program integrity director" for the housing authority and he agreed that their behavior wasn't compliant and that an investigation needed to be done.  In particular the pictures we had of plastic bags with human excrement in them that were thrown into our yard were particularly alarming.  Oddly enough the police wouldn't do anything about that saying that they have been at these people's house so much that they are beginning to fear getting sued for harassment. 

We also witnessed the mother directing the 4 year old daughter to take a poo on our front porch and scrolling on her iPhone while she waited for the girl to finish.  By the time we got outside and could confront them she denied it and yelled obscenities at us.  Again the police didn't want to get involved beyond making a report.   That prompted us to install security cameras.  We did capture one video that was worth sending to the housing authority but more importantly, the deterrent effect of the easily visible cameras has done more than anything to curb the bad behavior.   

We're just counting down the days until 1/31/18 when they are scheduled to move out.   

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2017, 02:23:00 PM »
We also witnessed the mother directing the 4 year old daughter to take a poo on our front porch and scrolling on her iPhone while she waited for the girl to finish.

The people you're dealing with are incredibly terrible human beings . . .

BUT . . . I have trouble getting my four year old to sit down and eat food THAT HE ENJOYS at the table.  Anyone who can get a 4 year old to poop on command has some next level toddler whisperer stuff going on.

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2017, 02:45:34 PM »

I have trouble getting my four year old to sit down and eat food THAT HE ENJOYS at the table.  Anyone who can get a 4 year old to poop on command has some next level toddler whisperer stuff going on.
[/quote]

Agreed - I remember when my kids were 4.  Prompt execution of parental commands was not their strong suit...  I do have to think that this was a crime of opportunity, i.e. the kid was already about to go. 

In another charming incident the mother went off yelling obscenities at an elderly woman at the end of our block a few weeks ago. If y'all ever witness me screaming f-bombs at elderly women, please beat me senseless. 

GetItRight

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 06:50:55 PM »
Sounds like a terrible situation, sorry you're having to deal with it. I would have suggested talking to them first but that clearly hasn't worked.

Good fences make good neighbors. Put up a tall (6' or 8') fence on the property line, cameras on your property, no trespassing signs. Rockwool insulation and quietrock (or two sheets and green glue) can really quiet down the noise, so time to start some home improvements. File suit for trespassing if they're coming over your fence and damaging your property, seek compensation for your losses and time. Definitely give the landlord's contact info to neighbors, with pressure he may not renew their lease or if you're lucky they're violating terms and he may give them the boot early.

badassprof

• Stubble
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2017, 08:08:41 PM »
Sounds like a litany of problems, but the one that would rise to the top for me was the domestic abuse. Please report. I know that folks don't like to interfere, but believe me, those living with domestic abuse--especially children--would be most grateful that you did, at least in the longterm. I'd consider, too, that if the home is as awful as you say, that may be part of the reason the children  are in the streets and in your yard.

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2017, 01:44:37 PM »
Sounds like a litany of problems, but the one that would rise to the top for me was the domestic abuse. Please report. I know that folks don't like to interfere, but believe me, those living with domestic abuse--especially children--would be most grateful that you did, at least in the longterm. I'd consider, too, that if the home is as awful as you say, that may be part of the reason the children  are in the streets and in your yard.

Yup.  At least 4 of us in the neighborhood have called the child protective services and we do see people who look like social workers showing up on a regular basis. 

On the lighter side, the mother was walking with one of the children today and the child was eating French fries out of a fast-food paper bag as she walked.  She finished her fries, wadded up the bag and threw it in our yard.  The mother said "don't throw that in their yard!".  The child retrieved it and threw it in the street.  The mother smiled approvingly...

simonsez

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2017, 03:24:16 PM »
Holy shit!  I was expecting to read about blowing leaves into each other's yard when you mow or something half obnoxious/half funny.  They sound like absolute animals.  I can't believe the police's response about harassing THEM - are you serious?  They ought to try living next to them and consider what it would be like when the law enforcement starts to ignore legitimate issues.

On the bright side, tomorrow is December and then they are possibly moving out the next month.  You're almost there!

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2018, 01:55:46 PM »
The bad neighbors were supposed to move out on January 31st but the landlord only gave them 105 days notice that he wasn't renewing the lease so they asked for an extra month and he gave in.  The landlord mentioned to me that he also had to give that notice to 7 different government agencies - I'm having a hard time of thinking of more than 3:  child protective services, the county housing authority and HUD. 

Anyways, 6 more days to go and maybe they will be gone.  We feel like prisoners in our own home - we sneak peaks outside through windows and doors when we want to leave to make sure they are not outside.  That way we avoid them yelling their obscenities at us.  The woman in the house also likes to bark like a dog at my wife. 

On the bright side, it's been quite a while since they threw human poo over the fence into our yard.  That behavior seems to have stopped. 

Loren Ver

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Handlebar Stache
  • I Retired. Yah!
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2018, 03:36:27 PM »

Yeah, that's pretty much all I have to say about that.

Brother Esau

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2018, 04:17:15 PM »
On the bright side, it's been quite a while since they threw human poo over the fence into our yard.  That behavior seems to have stopped.

Ummm....

robartsd

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2018, 04:52:43 PM »
I also found it helpful to:

1. Report EVERY issue.
So, not every third issue, or only the worst. Every single one.

2. Report to EVERYONE with jurisdiction. So, in my region, a noise complaint could go to:
*police
*bylaw
*building manager
*landlord

Where the last two are different people, the latter may hear of nothing (from the manager) until you call directly. Strata, HOA, etc, may also have jurisdiction.

3. Report every single day. Report every instance, every single day, to everyone with jurisdiction.

Call each in the middle of the night. e.g., Some landlord's don't care about how their tenants are disturbing others until they are disturbed themselves. Police are often more available at 5am than 2pm or 2am. If nothing is happening via bylaw, put a written record of calls into the bylaw supervisor or to the city. Etc.

I'm active in my neighborhood association. We often just have a handful of people, but the topic for our last meeting was a particular nuisance property and we had the largest turnout I can recall. Our county supervisor came and invited the district attorney's office to send representatives. They helped us understand how critical the complaints are to long term resolution of the problem. Police can only act where there is direct evidence of a crime or threat of violence; however, there are laws that stick it to the property owner if their management of the property is creating a nuisance. The problem is proving it. Lots of people complaining helps with that. Every complaint counts. Evidence that ties the nuisance to a particular property is especially helpful. Many landlords will be aware of their responsibilities, but they also need the evidence that the tenants are a problem in order to get them outs because otherwise the risk discrimination lawsuits.

Reynolds531

• Bristles
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2018, 09:41:16 PM »
Reading this thread stressed me out. I think I'm territorial. If I was you I'd be in the backyard pouring the concrete footings for my poop catapult.

MoStash

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2018, 12:22:13 PM »
...I'd be in the backyard pouring the concrete footings for my poop catapult.

A trebushit!

OP, I hope they get out at the new deadline.

Slee_stack

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2018, 12:08:45 PM »
Yikes.  What a shit show.  Pun intended.

In a part of my city, the police have arrested two young brothers who repeatedly break in and steal from their neighbors.  Again and again and again.

They have been picked up a couple dozen times and consistently released to their 'parents' who do nothing.  The system is not working.  The police say there is nothing they can do.

There has been a proposal to begin holding parents accountable for their children's repeat transgressions.  I hope it passes.   These kids have learned that there is no consequence to their actions.

I wouldn't be surprised if their parents weren't actually encouraging it and profiting from their kids' loot.

Sadly, in interviews, parents of some similar young prodigy criminals have actually said 'you shouldn't complain...they could be out there killing people instead'.   Some folks have pretty high bars...  SMH

There's just some serious moonbat mentality out there. 

Reynolds531

• Bristles
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2018, 02:14:28 PM »
So are they gone?

stoaX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2018, 11:58:39 AM »
Yup, they're gone!  They had to be out by the end of the day on February 28th so they finally made it out on March 3rd.  I celebrated but the neighbors cautioned that it is unlikely anyone good will move in next.  Maybe so, but optimism is a mustachian character trait so I'm gonna be happy until proven otherwise. 

And knowing that my efforts caused the district attorney to look into my bad neighbor, determine that they were committing fraud against the program and revoking their housing voucher benefits was quite satisfying.

Thanks everyone for your ideas, comments and for letting me vent. 

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2018, 12:39:06 PM »
Congrats on them being gone! Fingers crossed that someone decent moves in next

chasesfish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2018, 02:32:20 PM »
I'm thrilled to see them gone.  It may sound crazy, but do something nice for the landlord next door thanking him/her.  I know it was a challenge getting these tenants removed and they may have damaged their property.

Reynolds531

• Bristles
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2018, 05:26:00 PM »
Odds are the next neighbor won't fling his own droppings like a howler monkey.

If they do I think it's self defense at that point to torch the place. Just nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 05:27:57 PM by Reynolds531 »