Author Topic: Babies R Us store credit - can I sell it?  (Read 2596 times)

jeromedawg

• Walrus Stache
Babies R Us store credit - can I sell it?
« on: June 11, 2016, 11:03:35 AM »
Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to sell store credit or at least 'gift' it to a friend or something like that.

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
Re: Babies R Us store credit - can I sell it?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 11:27:34 AM »
Is it on a gift card? It seems like that would be transferable, but if it's in some other format, you might need to ask someone at the store/at corporate.

I'm surprised you can't use it. Diapers, formula, clothes, swim diaper, baby shampoo, wading pool, sand toys, bubbles--there's really nothing you can use? Or order online?

If there is not a store near you and you really just don't want anything they have, maybe you could use the card to have diapers or something sent to someone else you like. Or a charity! Various shelters and charities always need diapers.

jeromedawg

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 11:56:54 AM »
Is it on a gift card? It seems like that would be transferable, but if it's in some other format, you might need to ask someone at the store/at corporate.

I'm surprised you can't use it. Diapers, formula, clothes, swim diaper, baby shampoo, wading pool, sand toys, bubbles--there's really nothing you can use? Or order online?

If there is not a store near you and you really just don't want anything they have, maybe you could use the card to have diapers or something sent to someone else you like. Or a charity! Various shelters and charities always need diapers.

We stocked up on diapers from Target deals in the past and have sort of accumulated Babies R Us GCs... not really thinking it through, we signed up for a registry through them and ended up getting a bunch of stuff that we ended up not really needing and then returning. So now we have all this store credit. I know it can be used at Toys R Us too so maybe that's an option for later. But yea, there might be stuff we can go back to get with it - my wife keeps telling me to use it up but I like to wait for sales, which seem rarer at Babies R Us vs at other stores.....

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 12:14:12 PM »
Don't bother waiting for sales with a GC. I know it's annoying because their prices are high are they never have sales. But just go, use, move on with life! I get gift cards there for the boys sometimes from my grandmother and I hate that place--I know how you feel. But I just suck it up!

Toys are a good idea, especially big-ticket toys. Duplos, for instance, are bizarrely expensive, but they're great fun. Toy organizers are also expensive, so that could be an idea.

Scotland2016

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 12:48:07 PM »
Babies R Us is having a 3-day sale right now. I got the car seat I wanted for 20% off.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 07:39:44 AM »
See if you can stack coupons. Collect theirs and manufacturer's and use together with the gift card. Also, wild card: if you see a sales rep in any baby store/section (Target, WM), say hi and ask if they have coupons. I scored five $10 off coupons from a friend who reps a baby line that's sold in all the majors. She gives them away to customers when she's working in the stores.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!