Author Topic: Are there many LGBT Mustachians?  (Read 38400 times)

StartingEarly

• Bristles
Re: Are there many LGBT Mustachians?
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2014, 09:59:16 PM »
It can lead to a higher fuel bill with visiting more progressive cites to get away from your lower cost of living and lower level of acceptance town.

ToughMother

• Bristles
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2014, 03:26:19 PM »
The "A" is actually for "asexual." I tend to think straight cis white dudes have enough special privileges that they can stand to be excluded from at least one club ;)

According to the internet, and everything I've ever seen IRL, the A can also stand for "allied", and was included as a way of recognizing the contributions of people who support LGBT rights without themselves identifying as a minority. 

Sol, , you're totally right on the "A" for allies.  Much appreciated too!

scrubbyfish

« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2014, 10:46:40 PM »
Have you all read about the newness in OKCupid?!?!?! Apparently they are rolling out way more options under orientation and sexuality! http://tinyurl.com/k6jcb5t I was one of the (apparently many) people that requested this. I'm so excited and thrilled that it's coming true!

Now, let's start a new petition that it also include a spectrum for frugal to spendy :)

Frugal_Red

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2014, 10:37:19 PM »
Hello all, I'm gay and I am assuming my partner is too, otherwise things would be pretty awkward!  :-P All Kidding aside I think for the most part, financially speaking, there aren't too many differences between gay & straight couples. The big ones that stick out in my mind would be:

1-Gay male couples would most likely earn more than straight couples (and both earn more than lesbian couples).

2-Having a kid for gay male couples can have a lot of upfront costs in terms of adoption or surrogacy.

3-Lastly, I read an interesting article a while ago about gay folk who grew up in small times are more likely to be successful then their fellows.  This was theorized to be because they have a motivation to leave their (often bigoted) small towns and the drive to succeed once they reached a more metropolitan area!  Wish I could find the link...

None of the above would particularly lead to a more mustachian lifestyle.  I have been fortunate to surround myself with friends who share similar life choices. Even before I met my partner I only really dated very frugal gay folk.  Whether gay, straight or anything else it is good to share a similar lifestyle.  Thats my 2 cents anyway.