Author Topic: Anyone who sews? Need advice on fixing denim jacket  (Read 1889 times)

Trudie

• Handlebar Stache
Anyone who sews? Need advice on fixing denim jacket
« on: April 30, 2017, 12:08:46 PM »
Two years ago I bought a denim jacket at Costco.  I love the thing, but the bottom button has come off and it's a grommet type fastener.  How would one go about fixing something like this?  I will probably pay a sewing-handy person to do it for me if it's complicated, but is probably worth it.  Once I find clothes I like I prefer to fix them rather than wasting more time shopping for them.  (And this jacket is no longer available at Costco, as far as I know.)

geekette

• Magnum Stache
Re: Anyone who sews? Need advice on fixing denim jacket
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 12:18:22 PM »
If I understand what you mean, you might find what you want by searching for jean buttons, dungaree buttons, or bachelor buttons. They're no sew rivet type buttons. Dritz makes quite a few styles.

bobechs

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 01:25:13 PM »
If I understand what you mean, you might find what you want by searching for jean buttons, dungaree buttons, or bachelor buttons. They're no sew rivet type buttons. Dritz makes quite a few styles.

And they are sold on eBay straight out of China, in any quantity you want, at low prices and including the little fixture to hold them steady while you clinch the rivet with a hammer...

Jakejake

• Pencil Stache
  • FIRE: June 17, 2016
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 01:38:53 PM »
Try googling "grommet tool" - you should be able to pick one up at a hardware store, or a place like Michaels or Joanne fabrics for under $10. They are super easy to use.

mustachianteacher

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 02:49:35 PM »
Try googling "grommet tool" - you should be able to pick one up at a hardware store, or a place like Michaels or Joanne fabrics for under $10. They are super easy to use.

+1 That's exactly what you need.