Author Topic: Anybody own a Kia Niro?  (Read 1777 times)

Goldy

• Bristles
Anybody own a Kia Niro?
« on: August 12, 2018, 11:00:59 AM »
I’m looking at potential hatchbacks to replace our 16yr old car when the time comes and find myself drawn to the Kia niro.  I’m planning to buy it used which means waiting at least another year until the first batch of leases start hitting the used market but wanted to see if any of you have first hand experience with them.

witchmd1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Anybody own a Kia Niro?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 05:54:22 PM »
My mom got one about 2 months ago and really likes it.  She is impressed by the milage that she gets, and notes that the seat is comfortable.  My dad, who drives with her a lot is impressed by the ride.  He believes that it is very comparable to his old 2nd gen Prius, as well as his current Prius V. 

Hard to give an honest opinion, as my mom does not drive very much (she is retired).

MrGville

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 06:12:57 PM »
My FIL has one.  I think he's had it for 9-12 months.  He loves it, and wants my wife to get one whenever her car dies.  I can't remember the specific mileage it gets, but remember thinking that it was very good.  It also has great acceleration if thats something important to you.  And I agree that the seats are very comfy.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 08:33:29 PM »
It also has great acceleration if thats something important to you.

0-60 mph in 8.6 to 9.6 sec is not what I would call "great". A Honda Fit is faster. My first car (a 1987 Toyota) was faster. There are certainly slower cars, but the vast majority of modern cars are going to be quicker.

magnet18

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 05:33:21 AM »
Any reason you're looking at the niro instead of the rio?

I just got a 2018 fit, very happy with it, can comfortably seat 4 adults