Author Topic: any new airvoice reviews from iphone users?  (Read 4810 times)

unplugged

• Stubble
any new airvoice reviews from iphone users?
« on: March 18, 2013, 08:46:46 AM »
I am considering a $560 "investment" (penalty) to get away from ATT after 13 years. Airvoice looks like the best option for 3 of our cell users but I am seeing some people can't get the texting to work despite customer support from airvoice?  My children text 99% of the time and rarely call anyone. I don't text much so I will be fine. We no longer use data on the phones so that's no issue.

Anyone else having trouble getting the Airvoice to work with your Iphone and texting? Any reviews overall of Airvoice and Iphones?

Thanks!!!!

Punkin Donuts

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: any new airvoice reviews from iphone users?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 09:48:12 AM »
I've been using my AT&T iPhone 4 on Airvoice's $10 plan for the past 3 months (thanks to MMM's advice) and had no issues at all with voice or texting.  Just be sure to check their coverage map (but if you previously had coverage with AT&T you should be fine).

Daley

• Magnum Stache
  • Still kickin', I guess.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:54:36 AM »
Unplugged, the problems you're citing are caused by improper WAP configuration on the devices for Airvoice. iPhones have a habit of sending longer SMS messages as MMS, and MMS will not work unless your WAP configuration settings for your provider are properly set. So long as you follow their posted instructions, you should be fine.

unplugged

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 10:41:48 AM »
Thanks so much!!!!!

Kriegsspiel

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 11:34:47 AM »
I don't know why, but my Airvoice SIM doesn't work in my iPhone 3.  I guess it might be either because it's a "German" iPhone (if that's possible), or that it's locked to telekom still.  I looked into unlocking it this weekend a bit, but that shit is pretty confusing.  I'm going to dig further.