Author Topic: Any Good Internet-Based Mortgage Providers?  (Read 2796 times)

Peony

• Bristles
Any Good Internet-Based Mortgage Providers?
« on: November 26, 2015, 08:11:45 AM »
Hello All,

I may be buying a primary residence and am in the market for a mortgage. My local credit union is the obvious first place to look, and their rates seem fine, but I'm wondering if the MMM community knows of any good non-local options that I should consider.

Thanks.

kudy

• Pencil Stache
Re: Any Good Internet-Based Mortgage Providers?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 09:19:39 AM »
My last refinance was through box home loans a few years ago. Very straightforward and easy, highly recommended based on my experience. I think they require very good credit. All documents were sent to them digitally, and they had someone come to my house in the evening for closing.

Making Cents

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 09:27:42 AM »
I recently refinanced with eLend (American financial Resources) out of NJ (I live in TN). My experience was overall positive though at times frustrating - the mortgage processor was disorganized (overworked?) and often did not get back to me, but in the end I made out like a bandit and can't complain as I got a rate of 2.875%  with absolutely no costs of any kind. They even paid for all but $25 of the appraisal. When they were in touch they were always very polite and personable and answered all my questions. I definitely would use them again as I couldn't find anyone around here that could come close to competing with that rate.

112ontoyou

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 09:30:12 AM »
We did a re-fi with Provident Funding.  The rates are low, the service was fantastic and the close date was on time.  We were impressed.

MDM

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 10:48:36 AM »
Quicken Loans?

Murr

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 10:54:24 AM »
I did a refi this year with Discover Home Loans. Their rates were very competitive and had a nice online portal so I knew status at all times and just uploaded all docs. Very easy and would recommend. Our loan consultant was also very accessible the whole time.

reader2580

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 11:28:39 AM »
I worked with Quicken Loans twice.  First time was great and everything is online.  Second time the loan officer/sales guy was very, very pushy and a bit of a jerk.  I was trying to get a loan all approved before going out to buy my next house.  I got the loan approved, but when I didn't have a home all ready to buy right away they ended up cancelling my loan.