Author Topic: Any franchise owners or former owners?  (Read 2504 times)

DebtFreeBy25

• Stubble
Any franchise owners or former owners?
« on: February 17, 2016, 11:01:03 AM »
Is anyone out there a current or former franchise owner? I'm currently exploring owner/operator franchise opportunities, specifically businesses in the senior services industry, and am researching different options. If you have experience owning or operating a franchise of any kind, I'd love to hear your perspective on the pros and cons of franchising.

What type of franchise(s) do/did you own?
What is your relationship like with corporate?
What kind of marketing, training and other support did they provide?
How did your actual initial costs compare to your anticipated initial costs?
How long did it take you to start your business (from completing the franchise approval  process to beginning operations)?
What types of franchise fees are you paying? Do you feel you get an appropriate value for those costs?
Were there any large unanticipated operating costs?
Overall, would you choose to franchise again? If not is that related to the specific company, franchising in general or would you have chosen not to start your own business at all?

TheAnonOne

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Any franchise owners or former owners?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 12:45:24 PM »
Following.... also interested...

Though, I hear if you want to buy yourself a minimum wage job for life- buy a franchise... not sure on truth.

Warden95

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 03:36:04 AM »
Following

DebtFreeBy25

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 01:15:24 PM »
Forewarning on requesting information from franchises, they will pester the hell out of you as soon as they have your contact info. If you're hoping to review their marketing materials at your own leisurely pace you will be sorely disappointed.