Author Topic: Any Experience w/ Chevy Sonic?  (Read 2629 times)

ibleedirish

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Any Experience w/ Chevy Sonic?
« on: February 12, 2015, 10:53:24 AM »
Hi all,
Finally getting around to trading in my gas guzzling Cadillac CTS wagon (2010, 108K miles, paid-for) and am looking at a 2012 Chevy Sonic w/ 34k miles. Any thoughts? Any Sonic owners (or CTS for that matter) that would advise for/against this more or less even trade?
Thanks!

Forcus

• Pencil Stache
Re: Any Experience w/ Chevy Sonic?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 11:36:26 AM »
I'd be for it, they are neat little cars and I've heard nothing bad about them. The only thing I didn't like is the dashboard setup. I just like a boring, conventional layout, which it is not.

ibleedirish

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 01:40:22 PM »
Thank you, I agree about the instrument panel. Kind of plasticy (is that a word?) and busy. That wont bother me much though when I'm getting close to 40 mpg :)

Any mechanics/gearheads out there that would advise for/against these cars?

Anyone of the opinion that now that the cadillac is paid off, that I'd be better off keeping it?

neo von retorch

• Magnum Stache
    • Fi@retorch - personal finance tracking
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 02:18:37 PM »
Consumer Reports... engine cooling and fuel system below average reliability. Engine and transmission thus far have been pretty solid. They depreciate quickly so a few years old might be a killer buy. Just don't pay more than you have to. My friend has a 2012... it's worth like ~$10k (blue book) now with 30k on it. Not sure what kind of gas mileage she gets, but she's upside down on the loan..

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 02:19:37 PM »