Author Topic: Any Apple "Numbers" gurus out there?  (Read 3629 times)

geekette

• Magnum Stache
Any Apple "Numbers" gurus out there?
« on: October 17, 2014, 07:50:22 PM »
I'm wrangling a Numbers spreadsheet for a yearly budget, and have gotten it pretty close to what I want.  I'd like to save it as a blank template (with all the formulas) so I can use it next year, but when I "save as template", it saves it already populated with all of this year's data.

What am I doing wrong?

kc86

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Any Apple "Numbers" gurus out there?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 07:30:02 AM »
You can always make a "duplicate" or hold down the option key to "save as", then just select all the cells you want to delete the numbers in and press the delete key.  Just don't delete cells with the formulas.

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 10:40:01 AM »
I really thought saving as a template would just save a blank form with formulas intact.  Thanks for the idea, but deleting 12 pages of data, while retaining the pop ups?  It's probably easier to start from scratch. 

GizmoTX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 01:36:52 PM »
A template is a file type that makes a copy of itself when you open it, thus saving you a step & protecting the original.

Most spreadsheets have a function that deletes the contents of each field you select while retaining the formulas and/or formatting. Use this kind of delete function where you need to on a duplicate copy of your original & save this as your template.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!