Author Topic: Android Visual Voice Mail Question  (Read 2025 times)

BrooklineBiker

• Bristles
Android Visual Voice Mail Question
« on: July 01, 2017, 09:54:37 AM »
Hi everyone,
In the spirit of frugality, I bought an unlocked Moto G4 Play to replay my old iPhone. The new phone runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on the Verizon network. My old iPhone has visual voice mail. With that feature, I can see who called in the style of a call log and play messages with the swipe of a finger. I don't need to dial through a cumbersome 1990s style voice mail system. I feel like I'm dialing Moviefone when I use that system :( I tried to download a Verizon visual voice mail app to set up visual voice mail. However, Verizon tech support says they don't work on unlocked phones. Is there a third-party app to run visual voice mail? Any other solutions? Thanks!

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
Re: Android Visual Voice Mail Question
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 02:31:25 PM »
Following because I haven't found anything good since rooting my phone, either.

Mgmny

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 05:27:59 AM »
You should be about to route your voicemail to a Google phone number (free) and use their visual voicemail for everything. I did this so long ago, I can't remember how to do it, but I'm sure a quick Google search will tell you how.

BrooklineBiker

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 01:06:14 PM »
You should be about to route your voicemail to a Google phone number (free) and use their visual voicemail for everything. I did this so long ago, I can't remember how to do it, but I'm sure a quick Google search will tell you how.
That is really interesting thank you.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!