Author Topic: Amazon Prime Hack: No Rush Shipping Credits  (Read 10426 times)

Mesmoiselle

• Bristles
Amazon Prime Hack: No Rush Shipping Credits
« on: December 04, 2014, 02:01:14 PM »
I'm going round in circles on their website. The email says if it applies to the object you're buying, it auto applies your credits.

Only applies to: Amazon Instant Video, Amazon Digital Music, and Kindle books sold and delivered by Amazon Digital Services.

If Amazon is selling a book in Kindle version, that doesn't count as Kindle books sold and delivered by Amazon Digital Services?

I've been intentionally letting them ship me no rush shipments, breaking my purchases into even smaller orders to get more credits. The 2-5 credits I've amassed didn't apply to the ERE Kindle book I just purchased.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0046LU7H0/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I don't understand why. So, tell me what I'm missing.

Also, is there a way to check your "balance" of these credits ?may have answered my own question, finally found this link http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000811661#gc But it says $0 when I know I have $2 somewhere.

ADD  I just found out here:http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201601580 that you can "stack" your prime membership. I'm churning cards, and was putting off getting the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express because I didn't want to waste the offer.

ADDED: I guess I didn't click enough. I eventually got this clue: Your order is being processed. The total, including promotions and Gift Certificates, will be available when it is complete <- So it's possible they've applied my credits, which is why they are now saying $0, but I won't see if they have done so until it's not a pending purchase anymore. Will update later folks, but if you already know they answer due to experience, feel free to chime in.

Got $4 off my $9.99 kindle book. Sweet. Will update again when I get another credit to see if the link keeps track of credits for you to check.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 12:24:22 AM by Mesmoiselle »

shitzmagee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Amazon Prime Hack: No Rush Shipping Credits
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 05:10:29 PM »
When they first introduced the credit, I tried it out on an order that I didn't need right away. Everything on the order when well, but there was no sign that I received a credit. Once the item shipped and my card was charged, I got an email from Amazon saying that my account was credited $1 towards future purchases (with the limits you already described). I couldn't find anywhere in my account that this credit existed. After a few days I forgot about it. A few wakes later, I tried it again with the same result and then forgot about the $2 of credit for a few months. Then I bought an $20 ebook and noticed that after the purchase was completed, I was only charge $18. It was a pleasant surprise, but it would have been nice to know before I actually completed the purchase.

Mesmoiselle

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 06:20:52 PM »
When they first introduced the credit, I tried it out on an order that I didn't need right away. Everything on the order when well, but there was no sign that I received a credit. Once the item shipped and my card was charged, I got an email from Amazon saying that my account was credited $1 towards future purchases (with the limits you already described). I couldn't find anywhere in my account that this credit existed. After a few days I forgot about it. A few wakes later, I tried it again with the same result and then forgot about the $2 of credit for a few months. Then I bought an $20 ebook and noticed that after the purchase was completed, I was only charge $18. It was a pleasant surprise, but it would have been nice to know before I actually completed the purchase.

Did you click on the Credit link I provided in the OP and see if you have any listed now?

I'm leaning towards finding out my answer when it finally gets done processing. But if my credit link doesn't work that yeah, I haven't found anywhere else you could see them listed. They could totally jilt you out of the credits and you'd not have much of a place to argue with them about it.

mollyjade

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 06:32:31 PM »
The credit will show up when your item ships. I've done it a few times. I've found it most useful for watching videos, since I can stack of the credits and cover an entire movie/episode. There's an expiration date on them. Something like a few months.

Mesmoiselle

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 06:44:08 PM »
The credit will show up when your item ships. I've done it a few times. I've found it most useful for watching videos, since I can stack of the credits and cover an entire movie/episode. There's an expiration date on them. Something like a few months.

Yes. I saw in my email that the two credits I received this week would expire in March 2015.

How do you track your credits?

shitzmagee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 05:39:23 AM »

Yep, checked the link you gave and it gave me the balance I expected.

Mesmoiselle

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 06:19:35 AM »

Yep, checked the link you gave and it gave me the balance I expected.

Oh sweet. Thanks for verification :)