Author Topic: Amazon payments alternative?  (Read 5924 times)

firelight

• Handlebar Stache
Amazon payments alternative?
« on: October 08, 2014, 12:43:01 AM »
I sometimes use amazon payments to hit credit card sign up limits. Now that it is closing, are there any other alternatives?

Bbqmustache

• Stubble
    • Financial Literacy Conversations
Re: Amazon payments alternative?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 03:26:32 AM »
It still works for another few days, until October 13th.    I have not found an alternative yet, but I keep looking.....

Chris.H

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 05:18:32 AM »
What about AMEX serve?  You can load up to 1000 a month from a credit card.  Once you have the money in there you can use bill pay, withdraw at a fee free ATM or spend it as you normally would.

Bbqmustache

• Stubble
    • Financial Literacy Conversations
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 06:30:43 AM »
Amex Serve.  Looks like it might be the ticket, although I think you need to add at least $500.00 a month to the serve account to avoid a fee (fee is only $1 though).  But if you are using it on a monthly basis to move $1000.00, that would fit the bill easily.

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 06:33:03 AM »
I'd also like to know if someone finds a good alternative - I use Amazon Payments to send my SO my half of the rent (and get credit card points for doing so). Guess I can always go back to writing a check.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 07:12:10 AM »
aetherie Paypal is free if you pay from bank account to SO as a "friend"

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 08:28:38 AM »
Thanks boarder42! I'd rather not give up the free $6/month in credit card points, but if I have to anyway, PayPal would work fine.

madage

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 01:57:17 PM »
Serve works great. Do your research, though, as some credit card companies treat the online loads as cash advances and American Express does not give points/cash back for Serve loads. I use Chase and Barclay cards to load.

firelight

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 09:31:49 PM »
I've been using serve for some time now and it is good... However, this month, my chase sapphire preferred card setup serve transactions as cash  advance :| I'm starting to see most of the easy MS methods dry up... And hence this thread

madage

• Bristles
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 03:51:48 AM »
I've been using serve for some time now and it is good... However, this month, my chase sapphire preferred card setup serve transactions as cash  advance :| I'm starting to see most of the easy MS methods dry up... And hence this thread

I use CSP to fund my Serve and the transactions are not posting as cash advances. The pending transaction is coming through as a CA, but the posted transactions are not CA. If you have your CA limit set to $0, raise it and carry on...

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!