Author Topic: Amazon's Subscribe & Save  (Read 3757 times)

meadow lark

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
Amazon's Subscribe & Save
« on: August 07, 2014, 05:05:03 PM »
Does anyone use Amazon's Subscribe & Save program?  I am trying to reduce the cost/time/hassle of groceries.  We don't have a car, so the delivery would be nice.  But I don't want to overpay, either.  For instance, some prices are too high, like Zantac.  Subscribe & Save $0.19/pill.  Elsewhere on Amazon $0.04/ pill plus shipping.  Don't want to pay shipping, but come on!

I am trying to list things we could order for delivery (probably every 2 months.) Toilet paper.  Paper towels.  (I know what you are thinking, I have no excuse.) dishwasher detergent. Coffee. They don't sell my family's preferred shampoo, conditioner or mousse.  The toothpaste is higher than my "buy price."
Currently we go to Costco every 6 months with a friend (in her car)who has the membership.  We get our dog food there and buy 6 months at a time.  But we have a smallish house, so I don't want to store 6 months of TP.

Frugalicious

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Amazon's Subscribe & Save
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 05:13:21 PM »
I do.  I am a Club Mom member plus Prime member, so I save 20% on subscribe and save items other than diapers and wipes.  I have most things delivered every 4 months, including tp, vitamins, razors.  You have to be careful to make sure it is a good deal.  The items we have delivered are cheaper than in-store prices.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 05:30:59 PM »
We get our groceries delivered by Walmart for $3.  It might be worth checking if the service is available in your area.

Doomspark

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 05:39:24 PM »
I'm also an Amazon Prime member, and I use the subscribe & save.   I like the convenience.

I get coffee, cat litter, and a few other things regularly.  If I notice something stockpiling, I skip a shipment.  I do watch their pricing - sometimes it changes to the point that it's not worth it.  When that happens, I suspend the subscription until the prices drop again - they usually do after a few months.

meadow lark

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 06:30:24 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I have been comparing prices.  Looks like Walmart Great Value Brand dishwasher detergent is significantly cheaper.  Than anything on "S&S."  Also, I started reading product reviews at BHG - that's one of their top ranked ones. 
  If you are looking for laundry detergent Sears.com has (one of the varieties) of Ultra Plus (Sear's brand of laundry detergent) for sale for $11.99 for 180 loads.  So $0.06/ load.  (Free ship to store if it isn't at your local Sears.). And it is a good detergent.  We started using it several years ago after it made Consumer a Reports "Best Buy" category.  I currently have about a years worth of  that detergent, so I won't be buying it.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!