Author Topic: Airvoice wireless internet issue  (Read 3547 times)

RedMaple

• Stubble
Airvoice wireless internet issue
« on: February 11, 2015, 01:05:32 PM »
I have an iPhone 4 running IOS 7.1.2

I finally found a tmobile SIM card and followed the directions in https://www.airvoicewireless.com/SupportIphone.aspx[1] but I'm still unable to get internet on 3G. Since the website says that it's for IOS 7.0 and lower, does anyone know a tweek for my version of IOS?

I also tried installing unlockit.co.nz, but still no internet.

Has anyone run into the same situation as me? What was your solution?

geekette

• Magnum Stache
Re: Airvoice wireless internet issue
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 01:19:54 PM »
What plan are you using?  If I remember correctly, on the $10/month plan, I had to call and ask for cellular internet to be turned on (actually twice since it didn't "take" the first time).

mxt0133

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 01:29:01 PM »
What geekette said, I ported my ATT Iphone 4 and an unlocked Iphone 6 and had to call Airvoice up to "enable" data for both.

RedMaple

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 01:48:28 PM »
What plan are you using?  If I remember correctly, on the $10/month plan, I had to call and ask for cellular internet to be turned on (actually twice since it didn't "take" the first time).

It's the $10 plan. I will call them. Thanks!

RedMaple

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 01:59:06 PM »

When it didn't take the first time, did you receive the following message "You are not subscribed to a cellular data service"? I just spoke to them and the person said that the data is now enabled.

Daley

• Magnum Stache
  • Still kickin', I guess.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 02:52:20 PM »
If you're wanting it, you'll technically need to enable MMS on the $10 plan as well, just like the data. Neither are provided by default on the $10 plan due to how quickly either option can potentially blow through airtime credit if the person isn't careful, thus the need to opt into the service.

RedMaple

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 03:38:23 PM »
If you're wanting it, you'll technically need to enable MMS on the $10 plan as well, just like the data. Neither are provided by default on the $10 plan due to how quickly either option can potentially blow through airtime credit if the person isn't careful, thus the need to opt into the service.

Does the MMS have to be enabled to get the data plan? I only have issues receiving iPhone to iPhone text messages when I'm not on wifi, all other carriers have no issues sending me text message. With enabling MMS fix the issue?

Daley

• Magnum Stache
  • Still kickin', I guess.
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 04:47:33 PM »

Does the MMS have to be enabled to get the data plan? I only have issues receiving iPhone to iPhone text messages when I'm not on wifi, all other carriers have no issues sending me text message. With enabling MMS fix the issue?

They're separate data access gateways and independent of one another, but both require data and both require activation to function. If you're turning on data, you should go ahead and activate MMS as well. It certainly couldn't hurt, and might just fix certain delivery issues.